Job Title: IT Database Administrator – Opportunity Bank Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala.
Opportunity Bank Profile:
Opportunity Bank is a Commercial Bank licensed and supervised by the Bank of Uganda. We are the Bank of choice for all who aspire to a life of dignity and purpose. We offer innovative technology-led financial solutions and training to transform lives and Communities. We do this with care, respect and in a sustainable way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
• Develop processes for optimizing database security.
• Set and maintain database standards.
• Manage database access.
• Performance tuning of database systems.
• Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
• Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
• Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
• Create automation for repeating database tasks.
• Be available for on-call support as needed.
• Maintaining archived data
• Backing up and restoring databases
• Generating various reports by querying from databases as per need
• Implement best practices in Data Management
• Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreements and data privacy laws.
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
• Controlling and monitoring user access to the databases
• Implementing data security and protection procedures
• Implement firewalls and/or any other strategies around the company’s databases
• Setup proven mechanisms to detect fraud/corruption of data through hacks, suspicious user activity, unauthorized access, power failure etc.
• Disaster recovery planning
• Coordinating disaster recovery tasks when the need arises
• Identifying and suggesting various opportunities to improve the company’s infrastructure and data management
• Development of the Bank’s data warehouse
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
• 3 years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
• MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
• Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
• Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
• Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
• Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
• Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
• PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
• Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
• Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
How To Apply For Opportunity Bank Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: not later than 13th November 2020