Job Title: 13 Social Workers – ACORD Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: ACORD Uganda
Duty Station: Mitooma, Kiruhura, Kazo, Ibanda and Sheema (13 positions) .
Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development-Uganda (ACORD-U) Profile:
The Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development-Uganda (ACORD-U), received grants from USAID, to implement two (2) programmes titled;
1) “Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS) Activity” in South Western Uganda (Sheema, Mitooma, Kazo, Kiruhura and Ibanda Districts).
2) “Integrated Children and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity” in Central and Western Uganda (Mityana, Gomba, Luwero, Kyenjojo and Kakumiro Districts)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Social Worker will be responsible for coordinating and delivering KCHS services in the sub-counties and communities including supporting community structures such as the Para-social workers, supporting community-health facility linkages for children, adolescents living with HIV/AIDS, children affected by violence and their families.
- He/She will be responsible for supporting facility-community referral linkages for comprehensive services package to children and adolescent living with HIV/AIDS and their families, compiling and submitting work plans and reports among others.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The holder should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, Community development, Social Work and Social Administration, Education, Community psychology, Counselling and guidance, Development Economics
- or a diploma in social development from a recognized institution and relevant work experience of managing NGOs community-based children and adolescent health projects specifically HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, and child protection.
- Experience apprenticeship programs for youth and families infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and Violence against Children are added advantages.
How To Apply for Acord Uganda Jobs 2020:
Please send your CV and cover letter with 2 work related referees and a table showing your past 3 year salary history to: Human Resource Officer, Agency for Cooperation in Research & Development, P.O Box 280 Kampala, Uganda by email: email@example.com or Hand deliver to Plot 1272, Block 15, Nsambya, Ggaba Road or ACORD Mbarara Field Offices.
Deadline: 26th November 2020.
Note. One should not apply for more than one position