Job Title: Accounts Assistant – JEEPUganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP)
Duty Station: Kampala.
Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) Uganda Profile:
oint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is an indigenous registered Non-Governmental Organization in line with the requirements of the NGO Act 2016, located in Kyanja off Gayaza Road, 7 Miles from Kampala city center in Uganda.
The Organization was founded in 1983 and it has been working directly with local community groups, individuals, institutions and other organizations to stop environmental destruction and promote efficient management of natural resources as its fundamental mission and a core vision for having a Ugandan society with a ‘’safe environment for a sure future’’.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all financial transactions conform to the agreed sound financial management system (Financial Manual) and where necessary advise the head of department to review existing policies.
• Prepare payment vouchers for approved transactions, raise checks for review by the Finance and Administration Officer and approval by the Chief Executive Officer, and advise the head of department on further action to complete the transactions.
• Support the total adherence to the financial system by all staff and partners. In particular, ensure proper utilization of accountability of all organizational money that has been entrusted to all staff and other persons or organizations.
• Full participation in budgeting and projecting processes, participates in planning and budget consolidation by providing supporting documents and facilitating other staff.
• Support timely compilation, submission of draft accounts postings and reports any challenges to the Finance and Administration Officer to support management reports to key stakeholders in time.
• Ensure all intercompany transactions (receivables and payables) posted and properly classified and all receipt for claims from different projects filed and ready for presentation whenever requested.
• Periodically update staff of their request status, process the advance and ensure timely payment of the advance that are approved and communicate any challenges thereof.
• Update staff on the overdue amount of the advances for immediate settlement and get recommendation for any challenges to support management decision.
• Support the filing of statutory obligations such as NSSF and P.A.Y.E taxes with the relevant authority and give feedback of any challenges thereof.
• Process payment of salary and ensure deposit of staff salary to their respective accounts, pay slips issued to staff and respond to feedback thereof.
• Asset management – Ensuring all assets are labeled, well maintained and up to date register, deployment and disposal.
• Process all bank transactions, pay as approved to the payees, and collect all supportive documents.
• Reconcile all bank and cash accounts monthly.
• Maintain an up-dated record on JEEP membership recruitment and membership subscription; and share with the officer in charge of membership recruitment and the CEO, a bio-monthly report on the membership and membership subscription status.
• Contribute to publicizing JEEP products and services, locally and internationally by sharing needed data and records with relevant JEEP officers in a timely manner.
• Any other duties assigned by management.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce and or Business Administration (Accounting option).
• Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CPA) is an added advantage
• At least two years’ experience, preferably in a national or international NGO.
• Proven knowledge of financial accounting procedures, clear understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and national regulatory requirements, and experience of multi donor reporting
• Knowledge of computer application and conversant in Word processing, Spreadsheet and at least one accounting package (preferable Quick books).
• Should be computer literacy with knowledge in Word, Excel and power Point.
• Track record of working in a team with different backgrounds and expertise.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of grant management would be a plus.
How To Apply for Jeep Uganda Jobs 2020:
Deadline for applying is 4th December 2020.