Job Title: Data Assistant – URC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Amuru District
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda Profile:
The IRC has been implementing ERD programs in northern Uganda since 2005. The IRC is going to be awarded a grant under the Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (Re:Build) project funded by IKEA Foundation to implement a 5 years project in Kampala and Nairobi cities. The program focuses specifically on promoting economic self-reliance for refugees and vulnerable host communities in Kampala and Nairobi by assisting (a) people to have sustainable livelihoods and (b) facilitating the creation of strong markets and effective and responsive city services that are accessible to all residents. To implement this project, the IRC is seeking for a qualified and competent Ugandan to fill the position of an IKEA/Re: Build Quantitative Household Survey Enumerator to be based in Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to improve quality, accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on Data Management including recording, filing, archiving and reporting. This includes provision of relevant guidelines and SOPs for effective data management at facility level.
- Ensure availability and utilisation of current versions of HMIS tools at the facility and community level.
- Organise district data review meetings to clean up facility level data.
- Facilitate performance review meetings to enable the teams understand and use data.
- Ensure functional EMR at high volume facilities and reporting using the system.
- Support data collection activities within their respective districts and provide timely response to adhoc data requests.
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Support in analysing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic district performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field.
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others.
- Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems.
- Understanding of USAID expectations.
- At least two years’ experience in data management particularly in the Northern region.
How To Apply for URC Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates including 3 professional referees and their contacts online via the link below:
Deadline: 17th December 2020.