Job Title: Equipment Operator – Uganda Airlines Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda Airlines Profile:
Uganda Airlines, the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport is now accepting applications for a number of job opportunities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for presenting a positive image of the airline in keeping with its brand to connect the world to the Pearl of Africa. You will be enthusiastic about serving all Uganda Airlines customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect in line with the company’s values. You will also be championing safety and ensuring international aviation standards are maintained at the airline. This is a great opportunity to be part of the new National Airline, in this exciting industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the serviceability of Ground Service Equipment prior positioning it onto the aircraft.
- Arrange the required equipment at the staging area prior to the arrival / departure of the aircraft.
- Provide and operate GPU, ASU, ACU for aircraft ground operation as requested.
- Provide and operate Water & Toilet Servicing as per the SOP and according to the Uganda Airline’s standing instructions.
- Provide and operate passenger step for access to aircraft.
- Operate aircraft cargo hold doors and loading / offloading cargo.
- Perform Flight Deck – Ground communication via headset as per SOP.
- Perform Pushback / Towing and wing-tip walking and signaling as necessary.
- Communicate with Ramp Supervisor and GSE Supervisor in regards to equipment utilization times in order to accurately record details for invoicing purposes.
- Position multipurpose high-lift for Aircraft Cabin Configuration Change.
- Provide access to vertical fin for flag installation or other maintenance requirement for parties that require vertical high access to the aircraft.
- Transport Aircraft wheels from PF to RJ and vice versa.
- Replace nitrogen and oxygen bottle from the cart by sending it to PF for bottle replacement.
- Install Aircraft Jet engine covers prior to aircraft washing.
- Provide access door opening/closing to aircraft for authorized stakeholders that require access to the aircraft.
- Schedule and perform aircraft movement during prolonged stay as to ensure aircraft wheels’ durability and safety.
- Perform cleaning activities of cockpit windshield as well as passenger windows.
- Prepare appropriate handover / takeover equipment during shift changeover.
- Position aircraft wheel chocks and safety cones and connect the Ground Support Equipment.
- Perform all service to the aircraft as per the SOP while exercising all the safety regulations and procedures.
- Operate emergency evacuation system and remove the equipment in case of equipment malfunction.
- F.O.D. Checks conducted daily as well as prior to aircraft arrival/departure. Any findings shall be reported to supervisor immediately.
- To dispose of and handle aircraft waste fluids such as fuel, oils and hydraulic.
- Inspection of safety equipment like fire extinguishers for expiry dates placed in the ramp.
- Responsible for proper chocking of the aircraft parked on the ramp during sand storms and bad weather conditions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- UCE Certificate or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience driving and operating GSE on ramp with a clean work record.
- General knowledge in Airside Safety, Airside Driving and DGR.
- National Driving Permit
- Airside Driving Permit (ADP)
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word applications.
- Interpersonal, motivational and excellent communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with teammates.
- Good judgement.
- Flexible and ability to cope with pressure.
How To Apply for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2020:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full-size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online via the link below or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th December 2020.