Job Title: Finance Assistant – StrongMinds Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: StrongMinds Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
StrongMinds Uganda Profile:
StrongMinds treats depression among women of all ages in Africa, where access to mental health treatment is extremely limited. To date, StrongMinds has treated more than 70,000 women with depression in Uganda and Zambia. We are the only organization scaling a solution to depression in Africa with the potential to serve millions in the next ten years.
Under the leadership of the Senior Finance Officer, the responsibility of the Finance and Administration Assistant is to provide financial and administrative support like processing payments, capturing financial transactions in the accounting system, ensuring high levels of financial documentation, petty cash management for all field offices and reconciliations, reviewing accountabilities and other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Petty Cash Management
• Ensure timely and accurate Petty Management & availability of petty cash at all times.
• Post daily paid petty cash transactions in QuickBooks to enable timely system update and reconciliations in the system
• Prepare financial documentation (requisitions, vouchers, cheques etc) for all StrongMinds Uganda payments across all offices
• Filing all the financial documentation by ensuring that all payments paid are stamped with paid stamp
• Ensure that documents requesting payments and/or transfers are fully authorized and supported before payments/transfers are made.
• Appropriately respond to supplier, staff and clients queries that relate to their payments.
• Enter supplier invoices onto the computerised accounting system ensuring that costs are allocated according to cost, code, funder, and class.
• Maintenance of filing systems for payment vouchers, receipts, bank statements
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business/administration related course
• At least 2 years relevant working experience in finance and general administration with a reputable organization; preferably an international NGO
• Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and analytical skills
• Good computer skills and knowledge of computer accounting packages, e.g., QuickBooks online
• Proactive at troubleshooting, problem-solving
• Excellent time management and organization skills
How To Apply for StrongMinds Uganda Jobs 2020
Interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae via the link below:
Deadline: 31 December 2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.