Job Title: Laboratory Assistant – MTI Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Medical Teams International Uganda
Duty Station: Various Health Facilities
Medical Teams International (MTI) Uganda Profile:
Medical Teams International is a faith based organization with the calling of “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has established activities in West Nile and South Western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition.
Responsible for performing routine laboratory investigations for patients. Ensure security and hygiene measures are respected at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect samples, including performing phlebotomy and conducting home visits to patients unable to
travel to health facility, and conduct routine laboratory investigations for patients
- Interpret laboratory results, communicate findings to clinicians and file reports while ensuring
- Process specimens to be sent to outside laboratories and do follow up
- Maintain quality control of specimen samples
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met; manage waste as per
good laboratory practices
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and
protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Monitor the consumption of supplies and equipment required for laboratory activities and notify
supervisor of re-stocking needs
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to
professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Other duties as assigned
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced Certificate in Medical Laboratory Techniques is required
- Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council is required
- Valid practicing license is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role is required
- Experience working with an international NGO is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of laboratory practices
- Basic knowledge of how to operate standard laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol
- Skilled in performing routine laboratory investigations and interpreting results
- Good communication skills, with good command of written and spoken English
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
How To Apply for MTI Uganda Jobs 2020
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY including 3 work-related referees to; email@example.com
Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period; at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly in the subject line only the position ID and location you are applying for.
Do not attach your Academic transcripts. They will be requested if you are shortlisted
Only online applications will be accepted.
Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of file types such as MS Word, PDF.
Deadline: Thursday December 31st December 2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.