Job Title: IT Officer-Database Administrator – CORSU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services Uganda Profile:
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CORSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CORSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
Overall, the position holder will develop, support, maintain the performance of Filemaker database; work with the developers and users of other databases and database applications to assist, manage and tailor/ customise the databases to meet CORSU needs and requirements.
The job holder shall plan and direct the development and implementation of changes in Filemaker database whenever required and to ensure optimum performance from its sub-systems and related applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop and implement Filemaker database systems based on user requirements.
• Optimize any other databases systems for performance efficiency.
• Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned project databases
• Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems including the development of an RP system.
• Develop database tables and dictionaries
• Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
• Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
• Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
• Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
• Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis.
• Test databases and perform bug fixes.
• Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion.
• Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage.
• Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency.
• Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field. Added IT professional courses (e.g. cyber security) are desirable.
• A minimum of two year’s work experience as a database developer with specific attention onto filemaker database.
• In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
• Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications. Hands on experience with Filemaker/MySQL/SQL
• Excellent analytical and organization skills
• Ability to understand front-end user’s requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
• Punctual, Reliable, Excellent communication, presentation and socials.
How To Apply for Corsu Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to
The Head of Human Resources, CORSU Hospital
P. O. 46 Kisubi
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject of the email.
Deadline: 8th January 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.