Job Title: Laboratory Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting refugees and vulnerable host communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Isingiro, Kitgum, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming. Since May 2020, IRC Uganda has been implementing an ECHO-funded, IRC-led emergency Preparedness and Response project and this was incorporated with the COVID 19 pandemic preparedness and now response programming in Yumbe, Lamwo, Terego and Madi districts, as part of a consortium with Medical Teams International (MTI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out phlebotomy for all tests to be conducted
- Receive/collect, lab samples and analyse/test them
- Keep accurate records and confidentiality of tests conducted
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce accurate results
- Participate in development/updating and implementation of laboratory standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Participate in report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the health facility laboratory
- Carry out quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment
- Assist in drawing-up laboratory plans and budgets
- Mentor the laboratory volunteers, and any other trainees
- Ensure safety of clients in the laboratory.
- A Certificate in Laboratory technology or diagnostics
- At least two years working experience in a similar position
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit their applications and resumes online via the link below:
Deadline: 23rd January 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.