Job Title: Audit Assistant – AEC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Atomic Energy Council (AEC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Atomic Energy Council (AEC) Profile:
The Atomic Energy Council (AEC) is a government statutory body established by the Atomic Energy Act No.24 of 2008, Laws of Uganda to regulate the peaceful applications of ionizing radiation for the protection and safety of the individuals, society and the environment from dangers resulting from ionizing radiation.
The Audit Assistant will take an active role in the day-to-day execution of internal audit activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Safeguard the organization’s resources against unaccountability and misuse through implementation of proper functioning internal control systems and periodic verification of liabilities and assets by comparing items to documentation.
- Assist in appraising adequacy of internal control systems
- Assess the performance of the organization’s units to ascertain whether defined objectives have been achieved efficiently.
- Prepare reports, audit tests and findings and develop recommendations to address the identified issues and control weaknesses; communicate the same and agree on the timelines for corrective action with auditees.
- Make follow- up on the implementation of the audit recommendations and ensure that improvements are made.
- Review the organization’s compliance with international, regional and national legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Carry out independent investigations into the organization’s affairs and prepare special audit and control reports.
- Check receipts, invoices and payment registers.
- Identify improvement opportunities and efficiency gains for the organization’s development.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the superiors
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree (Second Class Upper and above) in Commerce, Audit, Finance, Business Administration (with a major in accounting), Bachelor of Science in Accounting or a related field from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification and/or a master’s degree in related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years of risk-based auditing experience with a respectable institution.
- Strong analytical skills
- Information and communication technology
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills
- Audit systems knowledge and familiarity
- Innovative and proactive in addressing audit challenges
- Should have ability to meet deadlines
- Should be able to pay attention to detail.
- Uncompromising on integrity and ethics
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Age: 25-35 years
How To Apply for AEC Uganda Jobs 2021:
Interested applicants should send an application letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of your certified academic certificates & transcripts and testimonials, photocopy of the national identity card to email@example.com or Hand deliver to;
Atomic Energy Council,
Plot 29/33, Amber House,
Address the letter to;
The Secretary & Chief Executive Officer,
Atomic Energy Council,
Plot 29/33 Amber House, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7044,
Deadline: Friday 22nd January 2021.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.