Job Title: Data clerk – URC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda Profile:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About RHITES-N Acholi Project:
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
The overall objective of the data clerk is to improve data management systems at facility level. This will include data entry, filing, documentation, HMIS reporting, HMIS tools stock status, and data/ performance reviews at the health facility. He/she will ensure that there’s improved HMIS reporting at facility level and use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is functional.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of HMIS tools at the facility through timely projection of required tools.
- Strengthen use and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by MOH in all data management processes
- Manage all aspects of documentation at the facility particularly complete and timely documentation in the HMIS tools including register updates with no duplicates.
- Keep track of received patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry.
- Ensure timely data entry of patient data into the patient level databases including Uganda EMR, HTS, TB databases and perform regular database backup at the health facility.
- Ensure safety of data management equipment e.g. computers for EMR.
- Ensure confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times
- Manage the timely submission of facility reports including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Support records persons, facility in-charge and other clinical staff to analyse and utilize their data to improve patient management and service delivery.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be needed from time to time.
- Manage weekly facility reporting.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- The applicant must hold a diploma with at least 6 months’ experience and UACE with one year of experience in managing HIV data management.
- At least three months’ experience in data management particularly in the Northern region.
- Experience in data management of health data will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for URC Uganda Jobs 2021:
Interested applicants should upload their CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well, Download Here. Upload these at the link below.
Deadline: 29th January 2021.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.