Job Title: 3 Accounts Assistants – RHU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Location: Kapchorwa, Fortportal and Luwero
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) Profile:
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU), formerly the Family Planning Association of Uganda, was established in 1957. It now provides services in 29 of the country’s districts through 768 service points: 17 static clinics, 74 mobile facilities, 35 associated clinics and a network of hundreds of community-based distributors/community-based services (CBDs/CBSs). RHU’s comprehensive range of services include family planning, the prevention and treatment of HIV and AIDS, the diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections and post-abortion care.
The work is led by a full-time staff of 19, supported by nearly 4,000 volunteers. These include 56 community-based distributors, 118 peer educators and a Youth Action Movement which has nearly 1,000 members.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Verify all project payments to ensure accuracy, correctness and compliance to set procedures
2. Write and maintain accurate books of accounts; and update regularly the cash book, cheque register book and receipt ledger with all receipts and payments
3. Ensure all the money received including clinic collections is receipted, banked and obtain deposit slips
4. Review and process payment requests and stamping ‘’PAID’’ on all vouchers and support documentation as well as post and verify invoices and payments on the accounting software in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Ensure all bank accounts assigned are up to date and well reconciled.
6. Ensure that necessary taxes like withholding taxes are deducted from qualifying payments and liaise with head office finance team to file the necessary returns
7. Maintain filing system and safe custody of all payables and petty cash documentation
8. Maintain logistical and stores records according to RHU guidelines, in liaison with the In-Charge, place orders of the required drugs and supplies for the Branch
9. Review motor vehicle and motor cycle log books for accuracy of recording and fuel usage analysis.
10. In liaison with the In-Charge, maintain clear record of branch team meetings
11. Prepare timely periodic financial reports as may be assigned from time to time.
12. Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or a relevant degree with specific training in Financial Management.
• Previous NGO experience of not less than 2 years in the finance/ accounting field
Knowledge, Skills and Temperament
• Knowledge of Navision or other related accounting packages.
• RHU is a Fully Accredited Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
• Working experience with Navision/Microsoft Dynamics is an IPPF
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills in regard to office administration
• Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills;
• Ability to write the project and financial reports.
Other Personal Attributes
A team player accustomed to working with multi-cultural and diverse teams
The Candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirement of this role
The candidate must be pro-choice
How To Apply for RHU Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well as the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director,
Reproductive Health Uganda,
P.O. Box 10746
Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
Deadline: 11th February 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.