Job Title: Nutrition Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum, Yumbe and Moroto.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in screening at the triage of children under the age of five to monitor and ensure early detection of malnutrition cases.
- Providing guidance on the purchasing of food and planning hospital meals.
- Designing special diets for therapeutic purposes.
- Participating in community outreach services for adequate nutrition.
- Participating in research activities.
- Will be supporting the admissions of severe malnutrition cases following properly laid down standards. Prepare and feeding of severely malnourished patients under observation in the inpatient wards.
- Will be responsible for case management of malnutrition patients on follow-ups and those on ward and ensure that all routine medications are administered appropriately.
- To counsel and advise in-patients/follow-ups/parents/guardians on proper care and nutrition at home.
- To carry out home visits as a follow up on discharged patients to ensure adherence of the clients on the nutrition programs.
- Support the EPI department through carrying out routine growth monitoring activities and ensuring that all malnourished children have child health cards
- Ensure that all the stored food supplements are safe and free from contamination and theft and the store is clean all the time.
- Ensure the kitchen for preparation of therapeutic milk for severely malnourished children and the surrounding environment is clean, hygienic, and well maintained.
- Prepare and submit the nutrition reports for both the In-patients and Out-patients as guided by the nutrition officer.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff.
- Adhering to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have a Diploma in Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
- At least 1 year of work experience, with field experience in a health and nutrition project implementation.
- Concern for quality and standards
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and stress management
- Time management
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 9th February 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.