Job Title: Procurement Assistant – CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations, serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability. .
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supports requestors to complete and input comprehensive Requests for Goods and Services in Project Insight
• Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on the progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
• Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
• Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
• Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
• Coordinates with CP Procurement and ensure all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
• Maintenance of complete and accurate procurement master files, vendor files, and other procurement-related records following established standards
• University diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
• Good writing skills.
• Knowledge of local market conditions.
• Knowledge in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
How To Apply for the CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV via email.
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT only
Deadline: by February 22nd, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.