Job Title: MEAL Assistant – WVU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU) Uganda
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform Routine monitoring of field activities (data collection, processing and entry) and assist in both quantitative and qualitative analysis & preparation of draft M&E reports that will allow for an enhanced output analysis.
• Conduct training on HAP for staff and selected community structure members.
• Prepare monthly and Quarterly activity progress report and submit to the project coordinator.
• Mobilize and sensitize community about beneficiaries’ eligibility, date, time and location of distribution.
• Take lead in conducting all programme assessments and price monitoring to assess the project outcomes and provide actionable recommendations to improve the program. (ODM, PDM, Basket monitoring) etc.
• Organize and conduct end of cycle review meetings with community structures and beneficiaries.
• Document human interest and success stories to facilitate qualitative outcomes of the intervention on the beneficiaries including best practices and lessons learnt.
• Participate in the setup of a Robust Community Help Desk as a forum to receive community issues and provide timely feedback.
• Work with other project staff to ensure that they conduct pre-distribution meeting to sensitize and inform beneficiaries about commodities in the food basket, ration sizes, nutrition and hygiene messages and any other issues to be communicated to them
• A degree in Statistics, Development Studies, Social work and Social Administration, and any relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• At least 1 years’ experience of working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with food distribution and rights-based programs
• At least 2 years of Demonstrated experience in participatory, community-driven facilitation skills and experience in data management.
• Excellent demonstrated M&E including situation analysis and problem definition report writing skills and written communication skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to design/formulate monitoring tools
• This position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision. He/she should be able to cooperate with other units. He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual.
• Past experience preferable with a humanitarian agency.
• Multi diversity and ability to easily establish rapport.
• Knowledge of the local languages is an added advantage i.e. Madi, Arabic
• Work environment: Frequent travel to the field
• Travel: 75% in the field and 25 % in the office.
• On call: 24 Hours
How To Apply for the WVU Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online at:
Deadline: by February 14th 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.