Job Title: Locum Transport Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Job Location: Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
The transport assistant provides safe and reliable transportation of project staff, visitors and materials, keeps the project vehicle /sin good mechanical and functional condition and ensures compliance with all vehicle related legal and institutional/management requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for Institute staff and partners/ visitors including but not confined to, travel within and outside Kampala, and all other locations as maybe required by authorized staff on Institute business.
- This includes ensuring that safety belts are worn at all times, there is no smoking in the vehicle and that no alcohol is consumed before driving etc…
- To transport the Institutes materials and supplies to various destinations as required by authorized staff on Institute business.
- To deliver mail and materials as well as any other written or verbal communication to and from locations designated by authorized staff.
- To keep the Institute vehicle in good mechanical and functional condition includingbut not confined to regular fueling, servicing and cleaning of the interior and exterior.
- To perform regular preventive maintenance and minor repairs where possible.
- To notify the Finance and Administration Assistant of any major car repairs necessary and to assist in arranging and overseeing/ supervising such repairs.
- To ensure that all required documentation for administrative use such as mileage,fuel usage and trip authorization tracking information is kept up to date at all timesin the prescribed manner.
- To ensure that all legal, institutional and local government requirements and dues are met in good time and / or regularly renewed e.g. Third party and Comprehensive Insurance, Parking Fees, Registration and License set c…
- To ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to protect the Institute vehicle from theft or damage e.g by ensuring that it has adequate security and accident features such as alarms and “bullhorns”
- To run general Institute errands and assume other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Assistant to ensure the sound functioning of the office and achievement of project goals.
- The applicant for the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Locum Transport Assistant job must hold UACE and UCE certificates
- Level of Permit-class DM & DL
- At least two years of experience working in a public, private sector or international NGO environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent skills in flexibility and reliability
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to:
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: not later than 5:00 pm, 5th March 2021.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.