Job Title: Data Clerk – EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation
Job Location: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Profile:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS. EGPAF seeks to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eradicate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs in 17 countries. EGPAF is implementing a 7-year Cooperative agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda to lead the implementation of the district-based project USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in South Western Uganda (USAID RHITES SW).
USAID RHITES SW seeks to recruit 1 qualified and competent person to fill the position of Data Clerk for the DREAMS program.
The Data Clerk will assist the DREAMS Monitoring and Evaluation function in the respective districts and ensure that all that, the SOPs and updated data collection tools are available, high quality data is collected/recorded, entered into the respective registers and online tracking systems. The data clerk will also generate custom and standard reports as necessary to respond to program and donor needs. The Data Clerk will report to the Senior Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all DREAMS spaces at both the facility and community level have all the standard and current tools for data capture and reporting;
- Avail standard operating procedures (SOPs) for enrollment and provision of unique identifiers for AGYW;
- Support peer group leaders to ensure tracking of layering services at both facility and community levels;
- File the service recipient charts at end of each working day in line with laid out standard operating procedure
- Ensure entry of all data on DREAMS services into the Uganda DREAMS Tracker (UDTS) in a timely manner
- Ensure no accumulation of backlogs of data un-entered in the UDTS
- Verify the accuracy of data on the service recipient charts before it is entered into the UDTS database
- Work to reconcile inconsistencies in monthly data reports in collaboration with the peers group leaders
- Ensure the combined DREAMS group registers are updated in a timely manner
- Plan and attend weekly meetings with peer group leaders at the facility and community level for each sub-county assigned to ensure data in the UDTS is synchronized and updated
- Retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, summarize data in preparation for standardized reports to facilitate donor reporting, program management monitoring and activity planning;
- Must have a degree in Medical/Bio-statistics/Data Science/Mathematical Statistics, Population Studies/Demography, Economic and Statistics from a reputable institution.
- At least 2 years of progressive professional experience working in data management
- Knowledge of medical records management procedures
- Good working knowledge of computer with the ability to operate various Microsoft word-processing software, spreadsheets
- Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills; ability to follow instructions provided in verbal or written format.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
- Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
- Experience in handling, collecting, collating and managing numerical data
- Must have passed mathematics at O’level with at least a credit
How To Apply for EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply for the above opportunity, kindly submit only your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae as one file in pdf format through the link below addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
Please indicate in the cover letter the sub-county of preference. Qualified and suitable candidates residing within Mbarara and its surrounding are encouraged to apply.
NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please note that EGPAF does not solicit for fees to have applicants shortlisted or offered employment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.