Job Title: Media & IT Assistant – Wezesha Impact jobs 2021
Organization: Wezesha Impact
Job Location: Kampala
Wezesha Impact jobs 2021 Profile:
Wezesha Impact is a social enterprise that empowers young people to thrive in life and drive economic development. Our focus is on promoting youth entrepreneurship and employability. We equip youth with the skills and opportunities to find and keep a job, start, and grow a business or get involved in their communities.
The Media Assistant will support and organize Public Relations activities with Media and the Public and also ensure continuous and uninterrupted IT technical support to all users for a smooth workflow. The Media Assistant will work closely with the Communications Executive to implement a high impact Marketing, Branding and Communications strategy to ensure visibility of Wezesha Impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Media and Press relations management
2. Managing social media platforms for increased brand visibility to the target audience.
3. Leading on creating and running online campaigns that inspire action on engagement with Wezesha Impact vision and mission
4. Systems Administration Services
5. Software and Basic Hardware Maintenance
Media and Press relations Management
● Keep abreast with the organization’s work and respond to Journalists inquiries about the organization’s work.
● Coordinate and prepare company representatives to perform well in interviews and talks on behalf of the organization.
● Develop an edited catalogue of stories, photographs and articles to facilitate a special monthly feature of Wezesha impact in mainstream media.
● Work with respective teams to write regular press releases about the organization initiatives and accomplishments and engage relevant contacts in media to secure press coverage.
● Review and analyse traditional and online media daily, Identify and summarize relevant mentions in communication to Wezesha Impacts mission and disseminate to the relevant departments for consideration.
● Prepare event specific media monitoring reports, on request, that highlight journalist participation and press coverage,
Managing of all social media platforms for increased brand visibility to the target audience
● Ensure regular update of all social media platforms, track interactions and increase traction.
● Uphold the quality of all social media publications and follow protocol to ensure a uniform “brand” (uniform fonts, logos, pictures).
● Link social media platforms with the organization website and other online platforms.
● Manage general email and ensure timeliness in responding to requests. Channel to respective staff for a response.
Leading on creating and running online campaigns that inspire action on engagement into Wezesha Impact Vision and mission
● Create online campaigns to promote Wezesha Impact work through the various online platforms and ensure a strong Wezesha Impact online presence.
● Create and publish monthly newsletters, blogs, and journals.
● Attend exhibitions and showcases – set up showcase/ exhibitions display and promote Wezesha Impact
Systems Administration Services
● Configuration of workstations and other network devices e.g printers
● User administration on network systems
● Installation and configuration of new or updated application software
● Provide day to day, onsite helpdesk support to network and computer users
● Identify trouble spots ensuring any problems are mitigated to minimize interruptions in daily operations
● Liaise directly with Internet Service providers to troubleshoot connectivity issues as needed
● Proactively identify and determine emerging IT needs to improve operations
Bachelor’s degree in humanities with a bias in Mass Communication, IT or Marketing from a recognized and reputable university
● Knowledge of IT-related to design and communications programs
● Experience working in Media and Communication.
● Experience: 2 years’ experience working in Media / Communications Position
Desired skills: Communication and negotiation skills, writing skills, integrity and responsibility, training and research skills, conflict resolution skills, networking skills
How To Apply for Wezesha Impact Jobs 2021
Deadline: 8th March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.