Job Title: Grant Accountant UNICEF Project – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Job Location: Adjumani, Uganda
Report to: Finance Manager
World Vision Uganda Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries.
Due to the expansion in the scope of our programmes, we are now seeking a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Work with the Response Finance Manager in budget preparations, monitoring grants budgets, MYPBAS commitments against approved budgets and expenditure, prepare financial reports and assist finance & operations staff in understanding basics of government/multilateral grants regulations and World Vision International Financial policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Documentation, reporting and knowledge management
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual program financial reports to different donors, follow-ups and maintain donors’ relationships
Audit & Risk Management
- Prepare grants for audits, review and assist in the implementation of the program and financial audit recommendations with a view of providing an adequate implementation plan to ensure recommendations are implemented on a timely basis.
- Prepare and revise program budgets and cash flows in line with donor requirements, financial policies and procedures and advise management concerning appropriate actions to be taken in order to achieve set objectives in line with donor requirements
Payment of project expenses
- Review program expenditures to ensure proper documentation, coding, donor requirements and WV financial policies compliances, budget availability and initiate any necessary corrections or adjustments
Track Payable & Receivable
- Track payable and receivable accounts for vendors and program staff on a monthly basis and maintain them at low levels so as not to put program funds at risk.
Update Grant document
- Update grant files with proposals, grant agreements, budgets, financial reports, narrative reports, cost extensions, no-cost extensions and other relevant correspondences.
- Track and Monitor the use of program assets and equipment as per World Vision Policies and provide assets and equipment report to the management on a quarterly basis for corrective actions.
- A University education with a major in Accounting and part qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA or CIMA or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ post-qualification experience in a recognised International NGO.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Report writing skills (Financial report),
- Computer Literacy (Especially MSO Excel, SUN systems)
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team builder, who works successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required
- Resource mobilization
- Working under minimum supervision
- Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should follow the link below to submit their applications.
Deadline: 4 March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.