Job Title: Credit Analyst – DFCU Bank Jobs 2021
Organization: DFCU Bank Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader- Personal and Business Banking Credit Analysis
DFCU Bank Uganda Profile:
DFCU Bank, registered as the Development Finance Company of Uganda Bank Limited, is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is licensed by the Bank of Uganda (BoU), Uganda’s central bank and national banking regulator. The Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited was established in 1964, with its name changing in 2000 to DFCU Limited and eventually to dfcu Limited. In 2000, dfcu Limited acquired Gold Trust Bank, which subsequently became dfcu Bank.
In July 2014, the BoU transferred to dfcu Bank the customer deposits of the Global Trust Bank, a small retail financial institution that the BoU had closed because it never became commercially viable. The deposits were valued at UGX:73 billion. On 27 January 2017, dfcu Bank took over Crane Bank, which had been under the statutory management of the BoU because Crane’s liabilities exceeded its assets. The acquisition included all customer deposit accounts and some loan accounts.
Reporting to the Team Leader- Personal and Business Banking Credit Analysis, the role holder will be responsible for developing and analyzing medium to large fundable credit proposals through effective credit appraisals and due diligence process so as to achieve quality portfolio growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and prepare credible credit proposals with the result of getting quick approval from the credit approval team and manage customer expectations.
- Propose appropriate structure and the financing need and pricing for the different credit applications and advise the relationship managers and customers accordingly to ensure that it meets set standards and complies with the credit policy.
- Timely submission of required documents to credit and legal departments to have fast turnaround time, compliance with internal controls as per credit approval criteria detailed in the Credit Policy and Operational Guidelines to avoid/minimize loss of revenue and prevent frauds and forgeries.
- Make physical visits, inspect, and confirm the existence of the business for proposed credit facilities to ensure that customer business is in line with the bank’s acceptable credit risk appetite.
- Review existing credit facilities on an annual basis, make necessary propositions like renewals, restructures, to minimize arrears and avert likely NPA while ensuring customer retention, revenue stability and identifying new business.
- Maintain annual credit review calendar and prompt relationship managers to obtain the necessary information for reviews of credit facilities.
- Review clients’ compliance to set covenants and conditions at facility approval.
- Proper pricing of credit applications and reviews to ensure full collection of fees and commissions for growing the revenue line.
- A Degree in either Business Studies, Management, or Economics.
- Credit Analysis and Underwriting training.
- 2 years working experience in credit analysis in the Banking industry or any related field.
- Advanced Credit Analysis skills – interpretation of financial information.
- Have a thorough understanding of bank products and general knowledge on current trends in the market.
- Quality underwriting skills.
- Customer service/centric skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Forecasting and business modelling.
- Computer competence.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure no loss of efficiency.
- Good presentation skills.
- Organized and efficient i.e. goal and task-oriented to complete multiple priorities and with the dynamic demands of the different teams in relationship management, credit sanctioning, disbursement, legal etc.
- Be able to deal with clients directly.
- Ability to keep abreast of changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses, and the bank’s ability to use the information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
- Ability to keep abreast of changes in the market, customer requirements and competitors’ responses.
- Ability to identify new business /products on the market, opportunities, and threats in order to carry out a comprehensive credit analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills – the ability to quickly build rapport with new people.
How To Apply for
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to giving equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Deadline: 9th March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.