Job Title: Digital Product Manager Job – ENGIE Energy Access Uganda
Organization: ENGIE Energy Access
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting line: Head of Digital Product
ENGIE Energy Access Profile:
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
ENGIE Energy Access is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Digital Product Manager to join our Digital Product team, who drive innovation, design, and development of our proprietary web applications, backend database systems and internal/external data products. The role will report to the Head of Digital Product and will work cross-functionally with our customer service, operations, sales, marketing, and software engineering teams to gather client needs, help define product development strategy, and implement software engineering deliverables. You will work with teams of engineers, scientists and analysts to put digital products in the hands of our 4,000+ employees.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with key business stakeholders to identify key opportunities for digital to positively impact our customers and the business.
- Determine core KPIs and develop monitoring frameworks to frame the goals and to monitor the success of new digital products.
- Communicate the product vision and the voice of the customer to your engineering team, promote engagement and excitement for the product.
- Create user stories and detailed specs and work closely with your engineering team to iterate to an implementable solution. You should be willing to get their hands dirty with testing, monitoring, querying, or whatever it takes to ensure the right product is built.
- Be the voice of the engineering team for the business stakeholders; communicate any issues and changes to the scope or schedule of your product.
- Ensure comprehension and competence of the team with new tools; take feedback critically and iterate for an exceptional user experience.
- Prioritise ruthlessly, don’t be afraid of saying no, champion progress over perfection.
- 3+ years of experience developing and launching software or data products
- Leadership and product management experience (Agile software development practices strongly preferred)
- Strong communication skills to translate needs between technical and non-technical teams
- Willingness to be flexible and do whatever task is needed to get the right product shipped
- Ability to maintain big-picture vision while being detail-oriented
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English, French a plus!)
- High competency in Microsoft Office products
- Education and/or work experience in Africa
- French is a plus
- MySQL database familiarity
- An understanding of Human-Centred Design and working UX / UI experience
- Experience using issue tracking software, e.g. JIRA
- Experience administration of web applications / strong technical acumen
How To Apply to ENGIE Energy Access Uganda
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until suitable applicants are found
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.