Job Title: Fresher Junior Developer – Cobblestone Energy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Cobblestone Energy
Duty Station: Work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to our Corporate Office in Dubai
Office Location: Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Cobblestone Energy Profile:
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded 2017 in London, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful developers who are passionate about building exceptionally reliable and performance data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to participate in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE. This role will be recruited and on-boarded remotely. Work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to Dubai in which case Cobblestone Energy shall handle all visa and paperwork issues on your behalf.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing and improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
What we offer in this role
- A full-time position on our Information Technology team.
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Great compensation and rewards.
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Fast progression for strong performers
Roles and responsibilities:
- Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes.
- Analyse programs and apps to improve their features and functionalities.
- Test & debug programs and fix any reported bugs.
- Collaborate with the tech team to improve the performance, efficiency, and scalability of our tools.
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Programming experience of 1 to 2 years in Python language.
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask …).
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS, …etc.
- Knowledge of APIs and web services.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server …) and SQL language.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus / Knowledge of data visualization tools, mainly Tableau, is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinkers with a growth mindset.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our company values.
How To Apply for Cobblestone Energy Uganda
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until the link is unavailable
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.