Job Title: Certificate Laboratory Assistant – UVRI-IAVI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Profile:
The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program (the Program), founded in 2001, is a not for profit organization with offices and research facilities based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe. The Program’s main activities are conducting research, building capacity and providing advocacy for HIV/AIDS vaccine as well as molecular and epidemiological work toward HIV prevention. The Program is mainly funded by the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA but also receives funding from other donors.
The Laboratory Assistant will be primarily responsible for the reception area of the laboratory and provide clerical assistance to the laboratory staff as required.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage sample reception and accessioning at the laboratory.
- Tracking laboratory results and delivery of these results to the clinic teams.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering telephone calls, as well as transcribing laboratory data.
- Assisting in archiving laboratory documents in a well-organized manner that can enable their easy access and retrieval.
- Assist the Quality Manager in tracking laboratory quality indicators.
- Ensuring Cold chain monitoring of fridge/freezer equipment
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The applicant must hold a Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology/Sciences.
- MUST be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- One year of experience working in a health/research facility.
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills and able to Multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
How To Apply for UVRI-IAVI Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should please send a cover letter and CV, with day-time telephone contact numbers and names of two professional referees to:
UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Ltd
P.O Box 49, Entebbe.
Or by email to; Information@iavi.or.ug
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15th March 2021 at 4:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.