Job Title: A’Level Driver (UN Clinic) – UNDP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala
United Nations Development Programme Profile:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with an increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Clinic Physician, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the UN Clinic operations and Staff in the UN Clinic and also provide any administrative support services as requested by the superiors.
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of the vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
How To Apply for UNDP Jobs Uganda 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 25th March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.