Job Title: 3 No Experience Machine Operators – Uganda Wildlife Authority Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority
Duty Station: Kampala
Salary Scale: UWA 09
Reports to: Warden Engineering
Uganda Wildlife Authority Profile
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is: “To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighbouring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.
Operate equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Operating heavy-duty machines such as wheel loaders, bulldozers, forklifts and graders in a safe and efficient way.
• Maintaining machine logbook and movement records according to regulations.
• Undertaking minor service and repair of plants/machines.
• Ensures compliance with national road safety and traffic regulations while on duty.
• Making regular checks of plants/machines to ensure cleanliness and serviceability
• Ensure safety and secure parking of equipment
• Performing any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Relevant craft certificate or UCE with relevant experience.
• Should possesses a driving permit of either class G or H.
• Proven ability to operate heavy-duty equipment
• Planning, organising and coordinating
• Ethics and integrity
• Concern for quality and standards
• Time management
How To Apply for Uganda Wildlife Authority Jobs 2021
Suitable candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment
letters to the address below:
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya
P.0. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the Conservation Area nearest to you i.e. Headquarters, Lake Mburo (Minekye), Kidepo Valley (Geremech), Murchison Falls (Mubako), Kibale(lsunga), Queen Elizabeth(Katunguru), Mt. Elgon(Mbale) and Bwindi Mgahinga(Buhoma).
Applicants are required to attach valid driving permits and copies of the required academic documents only i.e, (Certificates and Transcripts including O and A level). Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 26th March 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.