Job Title: Boat/Ferry Operator – Uganda Wildlife Authority Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda Wildlife Authority Profile
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is: “To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighbouring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.
As the boat operator, you are completely responsible for: The operation of the boat. The safety of every passenger onboard the boat. Any activities that occur on the boat.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To operate marine vessels in a safe and effective manner and ensure the safety of passengers on board
- Anchor and de-anchor the vessel.
- Operate and steer the boat/ferry.
- Ensure the safety of passengers, properties and vehicles on board
- Keep and maintain records and logbooks/sheets for all trips. (v) Routine checks of fuel/oil and other working tools.
- Report any observed navigational hazards to the immediate supervisor.
- Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers, cargo, and vessels.
- Issue directions for loading, unloading, and seating in boats.
- Perform other related duties assigned by a supervisor
• Proven ability to manoeuvre water vessels under different weather conditions Good customer care.
• Age limit: not above 45 years contract duration: four (4) years renewable
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS QUALIFICATIONS:
• A valid driving permit class
• Should possess an O Level Certificate of Education and a Certificate in Marine operations from a recognized Institution.
• Must have completed six months course in Marine Rescue and swimming, crowd management and passenger safety.
• Should have at least three (3) years in operating and maintaining boats/ferries
How To Apply for Uganda Wildlife Authority Jobs 2021
Suitable candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment letters to the address below:
The Executive Director Uganda Wildlife Authority Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya P.O. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the Conservation Area nearest to you i.e. Headquarters, Lake Mburo(Minekye), Kidepo Valley(Geremech), Murchison Falls(Mubako), Kibale (Isunga), Queen Elizabeth(Katunguru), Mt. Elgon(Mbale) and Bwindi Mgahinga(Buhoma).
Applicants are required to attach valid driving permits and copies of the required academic documents only i.e, (Certificates and Transcripts including O and A level).
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on the satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 26th March 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.