Job Title: No Experience Plumber – UWA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority
Duty Station: Kampala
Salary Scale: UWA 10
Reports to: Warden Engineer – Civil
Uganda Wildlife Authority Profile
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is: “To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighbouring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.
To undertake general plumbing work and ensure efficient water systems in UWA estate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Fix broken water pipes and ensure no leakages in the water supply system
• Manage the PA water system and ensure efficient water usage
• Install sewage systems and ensure their maintenance.
• Support the Warden Engineer Civil to prepare BoQs for Plumbing works in the CA.
• Support Warden Engineer Civil to conduct technical assessment and evaluation of plumbing works
• Cleaning water tanks and pipes.
• Perform any general duties assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
Must have a good Technical Certificate in plumbing from a recognized Institution.
• Should be able to work long hours.
• Must be punctual and physically fit.
• Must have swimming skills and be able to work in an aquatic environment.
• Must be trustworthy
• Must be able to communicate
How To Apply for UWA Jobs 2021
Suitable candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment
letters to the address below:
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya
P.0. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the Conservation Area nearest to you i.e. Headquarters, Lake Mburo (Minekye), Kidepo Valley (Geremech), Murchison Falls (Mubako), Kibale (lsunga), Queen Elizabeth (Katunguru), Mt. Elgon (Mbale) and Bwindi Mgahinga (Buhoma).
Applicants are required to attach valid driving permits and copies of the required academic documents only i.e, (Certificates and Transcripts including O and A level). Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 26th March 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.