Job Title: Grants Management Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Grants, Compliance and Risk Management Manager
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Profile
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Grants Management Assistant (GMA) will support the Grants Management team in ensuring high quality grants’ administration and compliance with both DRC and donor requirements. Generally, the GMA will support the Regional Grants, Compliance and Risk management Manager in regularly reviewing and updating the Grants Module in the DRC Dynamics System database; review of reports for both external and internal use; and provide an oversight on the implementation of systems and procedures that are in compliance with both DRC and donor regulations. Specifically, the GMA will support DRC in the management and follow up of specific donor grants and capacity building of the Country office counterparts
Roles and Responsibilities:
DRC Dynamics management and support
- In charge of the maintenance and regular updates of the DRC Dynamics Grants module for Regional office grants
- Supports the Regional Grants Manager in consolidation of documentation required for setting up grants in the centralized DRC Dynamics system for the Regional office projects and related partner sub grants
- Ensure the grants management filing system is maintained and all donor grant documentation is properly (both soft and hard copies) filed.
- Carry out detailed review of the DRC Dynamics system to identify deficiencies in documentation across the region and report on this for corrective measures on a quarterly basis
- Installment tracking and management of the billing rule tab for Regional office grants (MMC, ReDSS), including follow up donor’s disbursement requests to ensure timely submission and follow up of. This will be based on the disbursement schedule drawn from the specific donor contracts.
Reporting (Donor and DRC specific)
- Generate the Rolling Action plan from DRC Dynamics system, share with grants management focal points for review before final circulation of the document to all relevant staff.
- Based on the Bi monthly Rolling Action Plan, follow up with the relevant staff on the timely submission of draft donor reports, and assist in the review to ensure quality and compliance with relevant requirements.
- Support the Deputy Regional Director and Regional Grants Manager with ensuring high quality documentation of both internal and external reports.
- Support the RGM to review CO draft reports
Donor compliance management
- Support the preparation and/or facilitation of the Regional office project kick off meetings as well as for CO specific grants as deemed necessary.
- Support country team in updating proposals and reports in various donor databases.
- Support country teams in preparation of proposals and reports on request
- Prepare and circulate donor guidance update to grants focal points in collaboration with the donor compliance specialists at HQ and the regional grants manager
- Support the RGM to review regional office donor contract amendments to ensure compliance as well as coherence
- Support the partner vetting and assessment process for the Regional office and country office upon request in line with the global partnership tools
- Support with developing Partner capacity development plans
- Preparation and review of partner contracts for the regional office and for the country offices upon request
- Learn DRC Dynamics Grants module and support with capacity building of grants and non-grants staff across the region
- Capacity building for new staff on Grants management during induction, onboarding as well as on the job with special emphasis on key process such as Kick off and closure and monthly grants monitoring
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Grants Management Assistant job placement must hold a Diploma/ Undergraduate degree from a recognized University in business related field / Social Science, Development Studies or related areas
- Certified Accountant (ACCA, CPA)
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of project cycle management.
- Knowledge of database use and management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of donor guidelines and reporting systems is an advantage but not a requirement
- Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural setting
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, team work, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English for external audiences (including governments and donors)
- Excellent excel skills
- Project management knowledge desirable
- Languages: Full proficiency in English, written and spoken Proficiency in French, written and spoken
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th March 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.