Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: ECHO Consortium Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Profile
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Communications Assistant will be responsible for communication materials related to cash assistance implemented by the Uganda Cash Consortium funded by ECHO. The assistant will be a member of the Project Management Unit supervising all consortium partners: DRC, LWF, URCS. They will produce materials for DRC and the PMU and verify materials produced by LWF and URCS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare communication materials related to the Uganda Cash Consortium work and its achievements
- Publish the materials on DRC websites and social media
- Work with the Consortium’s partners (LWF and URCS) to ensure proper communication materials produced by the partners
- Advise and inspire the partners in the field of the communication materials
- Writing short stories, posts or success stories from the field for a requested media platform such as DRC website, DRC EAGL newsletter, and newsletters to donors
- Preparing audiovisual material for the projects, communication campaigns, and events related to the ECHO grant
- Coordinating with DRC EAGL Regional Communications office
- Coordinating with external media
- Verifying visibility materials against visibility standards and ECHO donor requirements
- Bringing new ideas to the PMU Unit and DRC Uganda
- Provide communication support to other projects as required
Minimum Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies:
- Patience and attention to detail
- Diligence in completing tasks
- Very good knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platform account management
- Excellent English writing skills
- Graphic and formatting skills with relevant software is necessary (e. g. Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Creative and proactive
- Diploma or BA degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, or Arts
- English- fluent in both speaking and writing.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through the link below.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk
Deadline: 2nd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.