Job Title: A’Level Warehouse Assistant – UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre at Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Type of contract: Individual Contractor
Duration: Three (03) months
Scheduled date for taking up appointment: ASAP
United Nations Regional Service Centre at Entebbe (RSCE) Profile:
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE), was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location-dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support. In addition to these services, the Office of the Chief RSCE and support offices through the Deputy Chief RSCE provides overall guidance on the operations of the RSCE including strategic planning, communication, budgeting, human resources management, property management, quality assurance and business intelligence, conference services, record-keeping and archive management, and audit response and risk management.
The IC will work within the Property Management Unit of the RSCE to assist with the reorganization of the warehouse and perform other warehouse related duties and functions. The IC contract will be for a period of three (03) months.
Under the direct supervision of the Property Management Assistant, the IC will perform the following roles and responsibilities:
• Loading and unloading delivery vans or lorries.
• Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received.
• Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods.
• Signing the delivery form, once satisfied that the goods are complete.
• Labelling and Moving the goods to the correct area in the warehouse, either manually
or using mechanical handling equipment (forklift etc.)
Storage & Stock Control:
• Allocating storage space to goods
• Relocating and re-stacking goods to make space for new delivery; palletize goods
• Maintaining records (computerised) of goods, their location and quantity; re-ordering
if stock levels fall too low
• Assist with issuances of equipment and items from the warehouse (picking goods that
have been ordered; keeping records of goods which have been picked; preparing issue
vouchers; moving and stacking goods ready for delivery)
• Maintain records of all warehouse activities and procedures.
• Compliance with security procedures and health & safety
• Assemble various office furniture/equipment (with minimal assistance)
• Clean, secure and arrange shelves (maintaining orderliness and cleanliness)
• Quality control of goods in and/or goods out
• Assist with the distribution of materials and supplies, if necessary
• Assist in conducting weekly/monthly inventory
• Have the knowledge and skills to transport office furniture, chairs, drawers etc.
Minimum Qualifications for UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• At least 1-year previous experience and working knowledge of a warehouse
environment is required.
• Ability/knowledge to operate a forklift is desirable.
Other skills and abilities:
• Good communication, organizational, time management and mathematical mental
• Data entry and computer skills.
• Dependable and reliable.
• Spatial awareness and judgement.
• Attention to details.
• Ability to regularly lift and / or move objects 10-50 lbs, occasionally lift and / or
move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
How To Apply for UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
1. All applicants must apply using a Personal History Profile (PHP) generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org ) as soon as possible after the Terms of Reference have been posted and well before the deadline stated therein.
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following which MUST be provided at the time of submission:
o Signed Personal History Profile (PHP) as generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate an account and the PHP) submitted as a PDF or JPEG attachment to the document.
o Copies of the required education qualifications.
o Latest performance evaluation report (for internal UN Candidates)
o Copies of other relevant certificates.
3. Please note that only applications submitted to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered. No hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
4. Please enter the reference of the job opening reference (RSCE/ICWA/03/2021) in the subject line of your e mail.
5. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration.
6. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
• Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment exercise which may be
followed by a competency-based interview.
• This position is open to nationals of Uganda and/ or legal residents of Uganda.
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
Closing Date: 29th March 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.