Job Title: Junior Cost Controller – Seaowl Group Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Seaowl Group Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Cost Control Coordinator
Seawol Group Uganda Profile
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 40,000 customers.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Junior Cost Controller to join our Team at our Clients office in Kampala in their Finance & IS/T Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Be actively involved in running costs, preparing Environment and HSS budgets in conjunction with Budget holders of the Company as the Operator of EA-1 and EA-1A.
• Carry out the process of releasing Purchase Requisitions / Purchase Orders after ensuring budget availability control and cost checks on amounts, cost allocations, cost objects and others.
• Be accountable for controlling the relevancy of the cost allocation in the invoices through IMP.
• Request for Services (RFS) from H/Q and follow up on the areas of responsibility.
• Prepare SALSA accruals, manual accruals, Cost objects reviews and others as part of the monthly accounting closure activities.
• Observe deadlines for staff writing and ensuring consistency with budget/forecast; compile the data to update the Statistical Key figures for each monthly closing.
• Ensure budget / performance monitoring and reporting. To prepare monthly running costs, Environment and HSS Cost Control reports for budget holding entities with credible comments (variance analysis).
• Organize regular cost review meetings with Budget Holders to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
• Organize discussions with Managers on Cost structure to reach best compromise between cost monitoring and accounting needs and system constraints.
• Review monthly activity reports to allow effective cost allocations.
• Support departments on all financial and cost control issues.
• Attend to queries from internal/external auditors, JV Partners, vendors such as the provision of justifications for expenditure during the various audits carried out by JV partners and/or Ugandan authorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
• Professional qualification is an added advantage
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting department in the Oil & Gas upstream sector.
How To Apply for Seaowl Group Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send their detailed CV ONLY by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th March 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.