Job Title: Program Officer – Pride Microfinance Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager, Securing Peace and Promoting prosperity in Karamoja.
Works Directly with: Partners and activity Team Members
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile:
Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change through the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create resilient, economically inclusive, healthy, and secure communities. Our work focuses on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, improving governance and conflict management, and bridging humanitarian response with longer term development outcomes. We implement programs in Acholi, Karamoja and West Nile Sub-regions, as well as eastern Uganda and the greater Kampala area with funding from USAID, Sida, US State Department, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
USAID funded Securing Peace and Promoting Prosperity in Karamoja (EKISIL) which Mercycorps and Partners- Riamiriam Civil Society Network, DADO and AWOTID have been implementing since November 15 2017 to April 15, 2021. We anticipate a two (2) year extension for this program from April 2021 – April 2023. EKISIL is a Conflict Mitigation and Management Project that uses people-to-people approach (P2P) that brings groups together across divisions to address underlying social, economic, ecological, and governance issues at risk of fueling conflict in Karamoja region. This is achieved through three interlinked objectives that address root causes of inter-ethnic conflict and promote reconciliation, empower local capacities to prevent and manage conflicts, and address emerging conflicts related to land.
The Program Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of EKISIL Project at the community level. S/he will be in constant contact with stake holders and targeted communities to ensure full participation and implementation. In coordination with the Program Manager conduct regular field visits to ensure that all stakeholders fully understand and utilize EKISIL approaches and methodologies.. Working and building the capacity of the partners, supporting in developing institutional development plans for the local partners. Participate in the peace actors coordination meetings,submit workplans, concept notes and budgets for approval to the Program Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Day to day implementation
- Work with the Community sytructures to plan and implement effectively the deliverables of the program in line with the targets.
- Represent Mercycorps at district level forum and coordination meetings
- Working with members of the public, councilors and other stakeholders, presenting information at meetings when required
- In coordination with the Program Manager conduct regular field visits to ensure that all stakeholders fully understand and utilize EKISIL approaches and methodologies.
- Prepare paper work/ requests for trainings, meetings and workshops related to EKISIL Project;
- Submit reports as specific events, field trips and meetings attended on behalf of Mercy Corps;
- Participate in EKISIL partner’s community meetings/activities and report to the Manager;
- Support program staff in monitoring and evaluating the progress and impact of work including setting and measuring benchmarks along results chains;
- Manage program data; including information that is collected by programs, this will include database support and design.
- Coordinate program/project lessons learnt and develop key actions of improvement
- Participate in conducting research activities on specific subjects critical to team success and recommend hiring of external support where necessary;
Partner Support and Capacity building.
- Assist in the preparation of files and documents for the smooth running of programmes
- Prepare EKISIL weekly movement plans and submit to Logistics team;
- Write reports and project documents and submit to Program Manager as required.
- Support in the use of monitoring systems and monitoring tools
- Working and building the capacity of the partners, supporting in developing institutional development plans for the local partners.
- Effectively manage tools and resources for programmes planning and development,
- Ensure that all Partner financial data associated with programs are recorded and documented.
Finance & Compliance Management
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to peace and conflict programming.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualifications for Pride Microfinance Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, rural development, or related field
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in implementing peace and conflict related projects
- Ability and commitment to team work
- Ability to interact effectively with the diverse project stakeholders
- Knowledge of the local languages is an added advantage
- Working experience in conflict or post conflict settings and conflict sensitive programming.
- Able to drive a motorbike safely, valid license. Preferred but not required.
How To Apply for Pride Microfinance Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.