Job Title: 6 Assembly Operators – Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Salary Scale: KT4
Kiira Motors Corporation Profile:
Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) is a State Enterprise established to Champion Value Addition in the Domestic Automotive Industry for Job Creation and Diversification of the Ugandan Economy as a Key Growth Area in Line with Vision 2040. The Equity Partners are Government of the Republic of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (96%) and Makerere University (4%).
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation is Mandated to Establish the Governance and Management Structures of KMC and Provide Policy Guidance and Oversight to the Nascent Automotive Industry in Uganda.
Government of the Republic of Uganda is Cognisant that the Market Entry Strategy is Assembly of Vehicles and Technology Transfer with Reputable Automotive Manufacturer(s) and Progressive Enhancement of the Domestic Value Added in the Automotive Industry through exploring Sustainable Multi-Sectoral Backward, Forward and Lateral Linkages with Mineral, Agriculture, Industry, ICT, and Transport Sectors for Local Content Participation.
Government in April 2018 Approved the Roadmap for the Kiira Vehicle Plant. Government allocated 100 Acres of land at the Jinja Industrial and Business Park for the Kiira Vehicle Plant and a Seed Fund as Capitalisation for the Construction of the Kiira Vehicle Plant Start-Up Facilities; Purchase of Start –Up Plant Machinery, Equipment and Tools; and Start-Up Operational Capital.
An Assembly Operator is responsible for manning production equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cut, shape and weld components and parts;
- Set and operate hand-controlled or computer-controlled machines;
- Record how much raw material has been used during production and the number of items produced;
- Pack goods, with protective materials ready for shipment in crates, or other containers;
- Seal containers using appropriate materials such as glue, staples or shrink-wrap;
- Weigh and label packaged goods ready for dispatch;
- Stack goods appropriately;
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities;
- Carry out cleaning and basic maintenance of work areas and machinery;
- Reporting equipment faults and part defects to maintenance staff using SOPs;
- Monitoring the production process and carrying out basic testing and quality checks;
- Performing maintenance tasks like oiling and greasing of assembly line equipment;
- Maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment observing and practicing high standards of health, safety and environment; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Assembly Supervisor
(a) Academic Qualifications
- A Craft or Advanced Craft Certificate in Motor Vehicle Technician, Fitting, Machining, Carpentry and Joinery or related field with at least Credit Class or Equivalent.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skill working with SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and Gas Welding; Machining, Electrical Wiring and Interior Fitting
- Hands on work approach;
- Ability to work quickly and methodically;
- Excellent team work skills;
- Ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Awareness of health, safety and environment;
- Knowledge of basic shop math, including addition, subtraction, decimals and fractions; and
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements
How To Apply for Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.