Job Title: 2 Quality, Inspection & Testing Engineers – Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Vehicle Integration Manager
Salary Scale: K6
Kiira Motors Corporation Profile:
Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) is a State Enterprise established to Champion Value Addition in the Domestic Automotive Industry for Job Creation and Diversification of the Ugandan Economy as a Key Growth Area in Line with Vision 2040. The Equity Partners are the Government of the Republic of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (96%) and Makerere University (4%).
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation is Mandated to Establish the Governance and Management Structures of KMC and Provide Policy Guidance and Oversight to the Nascent Automotive Industry in Uganda.
The government of the Republic of Uganda is Cognisant that the Market Entry Strategy is Assembly of Vehicles and Technology Transfer with Reputable Automotive Manufacturer(s) and Progressive Enhancement of the Domestic Value Added in the Automotive Industry through exploring Sustainable Multi-Sectoral Backward, Forward and Lateral Linkages with Mineral, Agriculture, Industry, ICT, and Transport Sectors for Local Content Participation.
The government in April 2018 Approved the Roadmap for the Kiira Vehicle Plant. The government allocated 100 Acres of land at the Jinja Industrial and Business Park for the Kiira Vehicle Plant and a Seed Fund as Capitalisation for the Construction of the Kiira Vehicle Plant Start-Up Facilities; Purchase of Start-Up Plant Machinery, Equipment and Tools; and Start-Up Operational Capital.
The Quality, Inspection and Testing Engineer shall be responsible for the for design and supervision of relevant tests to ensure that the vehicle systems meet the design requirements and needs of the customer/end-user.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with all functions to determine and deliver optimum test strategy & execution plan to requirements;
- Review test cases based on defects and new requirement specifications;
- Define, coordinate and manage overall test activity footprint leveraging available capabilities;
- Provide concise test data and results to inform development direction and validate sign-off;
- Maintain test resources in efficient manner to deliver ongoing program requirements;
- Make quality control checks on products;
- Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer and internal standards and specifications; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Vehicle Integration Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautic, Industrial Engineering or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
At least a student or Graduate Membership to the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers or any other Related Professional Body is a Minimum Requirement
Demonstrated Knowledge of the Vehicle Development Process; Development of validation and test protocols; Collection of relevant data, Data Analysis, and usage of common industrial/Process Machinery, Equipment and Tools;
- Vehicle Development Process;
- Development of validation and test protocols;
- Collection of relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions;
- knowledge of industrial/Process machines;
- Excellent problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment;
- Analytical and problem solving skills; and
- Time Management
How To Apply for Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.