Job Title: Project Designer – Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Project Design Manager
Salary Scale: K6
Kiira Motors Corporation Profile:
Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) is a State Enterprise established to Champion Value Addition in the Domestic Automotive Industry for Job Creation and Diversification of the Ugandan Economy as a Key Growth Area in Line with Vision 2040. The Equity Partners are Government of the Republic of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (96%) and Makerere University (4%).
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation is Mandated to Establish the Governance and Management Structures of KMC and Provide Policy Guidance and Oversight to the Nascent Automotive Industry in Uganda.
Government of the Republic of Uganda is Cognisant that the Market Entry Strategy is Assembly of Vehicles and Technology Transfer with Reputable Automotive Manufacturer(s) and Progressive Enhancement of the Domestic Value Added in the Automotive Industry through exploring Sustainable Multi-Sectoral Backward, Forward and Lateral Linkages with Mineral, Agriculture, Industry, ICT, and Transport Sectors for Local Content Participation.
Government in April 2018 Approved the Roadmap for the Kiira Vehicle Plant. Government allocated 100 Acres of land at the Jinja Industrial and Business Park for the Kiira Vehicle Plant and a Seed Fund as Capitalisation for the Construction of the Kiira Vehicle Plant Start-Up Facilities; Purchase of Start –Up Plant Machinery, Equipment and Tools; and Start-Up Operational Capital.
The Product Designer is responsible for translating two-dimensional conceptual designs into high quality three-dimensional digital models while maintaining design intent.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications;
- Produce CAD specifications and drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards;
- Work with other product development, Marketing and Sales teams to obtain reference information for drawings;
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts;
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs;
- Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff;
- Provide alternative design concepts to meet customer requirements;
- Create and update the database of design records for future reference purposes.
- Complete CAD drawing and designing tasks; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Product Design Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautic Engineering, Industrial Design, Architecture or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
At least a student or Graduate Membership to the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers or any other Related Professional Body is a Minimum Requirement
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skill with Computer-Aided Design and Skills used in Automotive Engineering including but not limited to CATIA, ANSYS, SOLID WORKS or Related
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point
- Strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Client Management
- Process Improvement
How To Apply for Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.