Job Title: Fresher Finance Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Reporting to the Finance and Admin Officer, the Finance Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day financial requirements including petty cash management in the IRC Urban office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all finance documents/templates are regularly updated and accessible by staff in the Urban Office
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers at field level
- Track all cash transactions/payments in a timely manner
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation
- Replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Finance Officer.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Business Studies or any other related qualification from recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in similar position with NGOs/INGOs/UN agencies.
- Proven skills in administrative and finance skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.