Job Title: Accounts Assistant (Bursar’s Office) – Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Wakiso
Mildmay Uganda Profile:
Mildmay Uganda has since evolved into a Center of Excellence for HIV care and palliative care; a diploma awarding institution of higher learning specializing in health sciences and accredited by National Council of Higher Education (NCHE); and a Research Centre accredited by Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST). Like our health services, the products of our training, education and research arms are already creating impact nationally and in the East African Community.
Mildmay Uganda continues to contribute significantly towards ending the HIV Epidemic as stipulated in 5-point plan for Ending HIV by 2030. In 1998, Mildmay Uganda opened its gates to public for comprehensive HIV care with just over 3000 children waiting for the life-saving drugs through PEPFAR in 2004. Today, Mildmay Uganda supports care for over 100,000 (13% of the total number of clients on ART in the country) clients 7,000 of them children.
We have continued to champion HIV prevention using a family center and targeted multilayered behavioral change (in line with societal values) and treatment interventions. Through the DREAMS initiative over 40,000 AGYW (10 -24) in high risk groups for HIV have been empowered to remain HIV negative.
The Accounts Assistant will support the finance and accounting function of the Institute. He/She will support the Bursar to ensure that all income and expenditure are monitored and tracked and that accurate reporting is provided to Management and to the Governing Council.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Sorting out the incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
- Degree preferably B. Com (Accounting), BBA (Accounting)
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 1-year of professional experience in Finance and Accounting, excellent knowledge of Excel
- Good knowledge of Navision accounting software
- Analytical skills, experience in grants management
- Experience/evidence of having worked in a school/educational institution is an added advantage
How To Apply for Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 9th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.