Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kamuli, Lira, and Nebbi districts
Reports to: Project Manager
Contract duration: 4 years
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Uganda is looking for Three Project Officers to manage the day to day implementation of the Lego- Playful Futures project interventions in Kamuli, Lira and Nebbi districts working in collaboration with other members of the project team and other project stakeholders (Local government, Primary Schools, NGO partners, Communities). He/she will ensure that the project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner in a bid to contribute to improved Early Childhood Development in the communities targeted by the project. He/she will directly implement project supported interventions to achieve the set objectives and targets. He/she will be a member of the Education and ECD team at the national level and a member of the Program Team at the Program Area level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Dimensions of the Role
The Project Officers will be primarily responsible for supporting the implementation of Playful Futures Project activities in Early Childhood Development Centres, Primary Schools and Alternative Learning Centres and in Homes following an already developed curriculum.
• S/he will closely work with and support project stakeholders including ECD Caregivers/facilitators/ teachers, primary school teachers, community centres, community leaders, non-formal centre facilitators, social workers, facilitators of accelerated education programs and of course children in the target age group.
• Support distribution and safety of play kits containing materials to help foster play such as manipulatives, storybooks, and supplies to create teaching and learning tools.
• Support in organising roll-out events and trainings for Playful Futures using Play Library and kits.
• Support project interventions that prepare caregivers to interact playfully and positively with their children and to care for their own well-being, accompanied by a Play at Home Library with activities for caregivers and children to do together.
• Manage and maintain project records especially enrolment/ attendance registers and equipment inventories.
• Mobilize and educate parents and community members to participate in project interventions within the ECD centres, Primary Schools and at the community level.
• Coordinate with all the key partners in the district to enhance mutual support and establish a strong networking framework.
• Support the documentation and sharing of learning, knowledge and experience generated from Plan Uganda’s project interventions as widely as possible.
• Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports to the Project Manager.
• Support consultants or Resource persons hired to provide various services.
• Develop strong and sustainable relationships with local and international NGOs, Government institutions and other stakeholders involved in project interventions.
• Keep abreast of developments within the project portfolio and share best practices within and outside Plan Uganda.
• Provide support to Plan teams and communities to identify and access resources that will enable them to meet the needs of all children targeted by the project.
• Represent Plan in ECD/Education coordination and working group meetings.
• Performs additional duties as requested.
• Close collaboration and interdependence with the Programme Area Team and other support departments (Finance, Admin, Risk Management, Human Resource, Sponsorship)
• Regular working relationship with Program Area teams, especially Project Coordinators /Project Officers and other focal points implementing similar projects.
• Communications Department to ensure proper visibility and compliance to branding.
• Local, national and international Civil Society Organizations, Private Sector actors, Government institutions especially district local government stakeholders and UN agencies to ensure Plan’s work is well linked to other initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
• Bachelor’s degree in Education/Early Childhood Care and Development, Child Development and Children’s Ministry, and Social Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant course.
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience implementing and/or managing community-led programs for children 0-8 years.
• Experience in managing projects, including project design, monitoring and evaluation (i.e. preparation of documents and reports for external dissemination).
• Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Strong drive for results and ensuring timely delivery of program outcomes
• Knowledge of inclusive programming approaches.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
• Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
• Good communication skills (written and oral).
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
• Familiarity with West Nile Region.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 9th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.