Job Title: 3 O’Level Office Assistants – EDC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Duty Station: Hoima, Mbarara, Kampala
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
- Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
- Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
- Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan government and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to: support improved basic education for Ugandan children; address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families; and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
The Office Assistant will be responsible for keeping the office environment clean, healthy and safe. This position reports to the Logistics Manager in Kampala and to the Senior Zone Managers in the Zonal Office. This is a full-time position based in each of three Zonal Offices (Hoima, Mbarara, Kampala).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily cleaning of the office including, desks, chairs, windows, walls, floors, office equipment and kitchens;
- Identify daily repairs and maintenance needed for any part of the office and its furnishings and report to the Logistics Manager for corrective action;
- Track and ensure availability of kitchen and cleaning supplies such as soap, detergent, water, tea, coffee, sugar, silverware, cups, dishware, towels, etc.;
- Provide tea and coffee for visitors as requested;
- Assist in the loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment, cargo and office supplies;
- Ensure garbage is emptied and garbage bins are kept clean;
- Act as backup to the receptionist in regard to welcoming and directing visitors, answering telephone, screen and direct calls, taking and relaying messages;
- Photocopy, scan and fax documents as requested;
- Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
- Perform other official tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment e.g., fax, scanner and photocopier;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of staff;
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to work under pressure.
The candidate for the position of Office Assistant shall have the following minimum qualifications:
Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or equivalent.
- Skills and Experience:
- Six (6+) month’s experience in the similar organization
- Ability to proficiently read, speak and write English;
- Willingness to help with basic office tasks, as needed;
- Careful with the handling of products and mixtures used for cleaning (chlorine, bleach, detergents, etc.);
- Reliable and punctual worker who is capable of performing routine tasks without supervision;
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm and work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Must be reliable, dependable, flexible and willing to work beyond routine hours.
Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications submitted without a resume or CV will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
Deadline: 2nd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.