Job Title: Rapid Response & Protection Officer – WHRDN Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U)
Duty Station: Kampala
Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) Profile
The Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) is a nationwide membership organization promoting the rights of women defenders to a safe and secure work environment with a vision of having a society where fundamental human rights are upheld and respected. We exist to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective as a framework for the protection of WHRDs.
Lead and coordinate WHRDN-U’s Feminist Protection department with the objective of providing timely and effective rapid response to Women Human Rights Defenders at risk/ in immense danger
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. In consultation with the E.D, participate in developing the protection manual and managing the protection programme of WHRDN-U
2. In consultation with the E.D, responsible for developing security management policy for WHRDN-U and its members.
3. Assisting individual cases through interviews and correspondence with the appropriate stakeholders in respect of access to services.
4. Participate in the needs assessment of women human rights defender and solicit for support from various sources to specific beneficiaries during the election period
5. Ensure registration, compilation of statistical information and other data concerning women human rights defenders under the protection programme.
6. Liaise with like-minded organizations for cooperation in areas of protection and support for women human rights defenders at risk.
7. Conduct capacity building trainings on risk assessment, security management, protection guidelines, safe referrals, self-care, and collective healing, counseling, and protection needs of women defenders.
8. In consultation with the E.D, provide rapid response to cases of women human rights defenders at risk
9. Support the E.D on activities and strategies to ensure outreach to women human rights defenders and overall gendered analysis of their experiences;
10. In consultation with the E.D and close cooperation with the other program staff, undertake assessment of the gender threats and attacks against women human rights defenders and those that are not gender specific threats.
11. Responsible for Coordinating thematic action working groups and provide analysis and briefing on the threats faced by women human rights defenders belonging to specific thematic fields of work
12. Developing concept notes, compiling periodic work plans, reports etc
13. Responsible for case management, handling, registry of attacks and case database management.
14. In consultation with the E.D, develop contacts and liaise with relevant national regional and international organizations with regard to WHRDN-U’s work for the protection of women human rights defenders in Uganda;
15. In charge of managing the protection desk help line.
16. Any other duties as may be requested by the Executive Director
● The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science or any other related fields
● 3 years of relevant work experience in women’s rights, Gender Based Violence and with at least 2 years as a program officer with an NGO.
● Experience in budgeting, work plans development, participating in program development and proposal writing, projects implementation, and reporting and program coordination.
● Proven commitment to women’s rights activism and demonstrate experience in social justice or human rights broadly
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including good writing skills and public engagement
● Ability to multi-task under limited supervision
● Self-motivated and displays initiative and attention to detail and accuracy
● Proven experience managing client relationships
How To Apply for WHRDN Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested and qualified persons should submit their application, and CV via email on email@example.com to Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) addressed to the Executive Director.
Please specify the position in the subject line of your email. For more information, please visit www.whrdnuganda.org
Deadline: 26th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.