Job Title: Stores Assistant (Distribution Store) – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Location: Kikuube/Kyangwali Refugee Settlement
ALIGHT Uganda Profile:
Alight, formerly the American Refugee Committee, is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years
Reporting to the Logistics Officer Distribution Store the Stores Assistant – Distribution Store will ensure Proper Store management in line with ALIGHT Inventory policy requirements, supervise loading and offloading of goods, manage all stores related documentation.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive supplies and equipment procured and delivered to the field site/locations for program activities.
- Inspect deliveries to confirm that materials delivered conform to the details of the Purchase Order, Delivery Note and or Way Bill and that they are free of any damage before accepting them into the store.
- Write out a Goods Received Note (GRN) for every consignment received.
- Prepare payment request vouchers for goods delivered, ensuring that all the relevant documents required have been attached. Ensure that the vouchers are approved and payments issued out to suppliers.
- Make entries onto all stock control records (Warehouse Register, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards).
- Ensure that the store is tidy and well-arranged all the time to ease removal of or getting in materials and or movement of people.
- Ensure safety and security of stores, equipment and materials kept in the store.
- Issue supplies and materials from the stores as per the duly authorized Stores Release Forms (SRF).
- Write out a Way Bill for materials being transported out from the store to the field site.
- Keep track of office supply levels and alert the inform you supervisor before stocks of particular items run out, and make orders for replenishment.
- Periodically carry out self-auditing to ensure that correct records are kept and systems and procedures are followed.
- Maintain and update goods information/record system for easy reference (copies of all relevant documentation including delivery notes, requisition notes, purchase orders, and shipment, reports, etc.)
- Control access to stores and ensure that only authorized personnel enter stores.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or in his/her absence, his /her designate.
- A minimum of a University degree in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years of experience in supply chain management with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
- Strong organizational skills;
- Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application through the link below.
Deadline: 5th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.