Job Title: 4 Nurses/Mid wives – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Clinical Services Lead
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Lead, the purpose of this role is to provide nursing and midwifery care services basing on the set standards with an aim of achieving client satisfaction and organizational goals. To help maintain women’s health before pregnancy, during pregnancy, labour, delivery and pueperium. To provide essential care of the newborn and support mothers with effective breastfeeding. To attend to other clients and offer the necessary and appropriate Nursing care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Keeping and maintaining a clean and orderly working environment.
• Providing pre-pregnancy counselling to individuals and couples
• Conducting focused antenatal care and identify high risk cases for referrals.
• Providing safe and clean intrapartum and postpartum care with emphasis to prevention of infection and complications to mother and baby.
• Providing information and support to parents of newborn babies
• Providing advice and support to parents coping with miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal death.
• Offering quality post abortion care services
• Writing reports and documenting the performed assessments and care.
• Attending duties as per the duty schedule
• Working together with other hospital staff for the betterment of client/patient care
• Implementing the hospital and nursing protocols and guidelines.
• Educating and counseling clients on sexual and reproductive health issues
• Making wish lists for required hospital sundries, equipment, medicines and other supplies for specific wards/units
• Utilizing hospital sundries equipment, medicines and other supplies efficiently.
• Accounting for the ward/unit sundries, equipment, medicines and other supplies
• Adhering to nurses’ ethical code of conduct.
• Giving a daily verbal and written report to the Clinical Services lead.
• Carrying out any other duty as delegated by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages.
• Experience and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level (previous outreach experience preferred)
• Experience and knowledge of newborn and infant immunization
• Experience working as part of a highly functioning team.
• Excellent record keeping and time management.
• Attention for detail.
• Ability to monitor labour using a partogram and promptly identify and attend to complications
• Proven skills in problem solving and effective conflict resolution
• Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
• Demonstrable ability to offer standardized nursing and midwifery care
• Adherence to Nurses’ ethical code of conduct and integrity
• Demonstrate experience in infection control and prevention
• Demonstrable experience in managing health care data and report writing in a busy environment.
• Good data analytical skills including database administration, web-based and mobile-based application programming.
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different background
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures
• Excellent oral and writing abilities.
• Good team player.
• Good planner
• Ability to ensure patient safety, privacy and confidentiality
• Demonstrable experience in Emergency preparedness and care
• Good public relations and customer care
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Diploma in Registration in Midwifery and Nursing
• Registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwifery Council and holds a valid practicing license.
• Nursing and midwifery care experience for 3 years and above
• Able to work on full time basis under minimal supervision
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.