Job Title: Fresher Donor Liaison Officer – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Report to: Communications Manager
World Vision Uganda Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.
Lead the National Office servicing of WVUS Major & Mega donors, Ministry & Church Partners and school partnerships. The Donor Liaison will collaborate with appropriate WVUS Departments and Channels and the appropriate National Office Departments to enhance the overall donor experience. The expected result is increased financial support of National Office programs, increased awareness and advocacy for National Office programs and strategy. The results will include a mutual transformation of donors, beneficiaries and staff. When travel resumes, the Donor Liaison will be expected to host WVUS donor visits, plan and produce high-quality deliverables that demonstrate program impact at the individual beneficiary level through photos, stories, and video. As time permits beyond their WVUS work, the Donor Liaison will collaborate and support the Communications Team with documentation/gathering significant change stories, photography, videos and media visibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with World Vision U.S (WVUS) Donor Liaison Managers (DLMs), Vision Trip Managers, and Trip Leaders to design, facilitate and host WVUS donors while adhering to all visitor requirements and standards. When travel resumes, donors that visit will HNW, Church/Chosen, Team World Vision, and others.
- Develop virtual experiences for donors through Custom Calls, Virtual Vision Trips, Chosen Calls, Ignite School Calls, and other creative requests that come from WVUS clients. Accommodate new dimension of virtual work that allows face-to-face donor experiences, through excellent planning and execution.
Delivering Donor-Facing Tools for WVUS
- Gathering & writing Impact Stories
- Videos & Selfie Videos
- These tools are an essential conduit of resources for the reps in all WVUS channels (Philanthropy, Church, Team World Vision, CHOSEN, Schools, and more).
Contributing to the WVUS Donor Liaison (Dl) Team
- Collaborate with other World Vision US Donor Liaison officers in 10 countries to share learnings and best practices.
- Attend DL cross-training through exposure visits.
- Attend DL online meetings and make required presentations.
- Attend DL monthly training calls with the DLMs & Team.
Reputation & Influence
- Using Looking Outward and Wise Stewardship as guiding behaviours, the Donor Liaison will support as their time permits:
- Production of digital content and engagements that promote the WVUS & WVI brand. Work to ensure that all content produced is child-centred and complies with the WVUS/WVI safeguarding standards.
- Mainstream Media: Support the generation of editorial features.
- Reputation Management: Respond in a timely manner to all reputation incidents that will be assigned.
- Generate Field Fundraising Content: Deliver on WVUS Support Office content needs, produce monthly impact stories and ensure they are uploaded on a the WVU hub.
Through Unity and Trust and Looking Outward, the Donor Liaison will:
- Support to orient program teams on capturing stories, photos and videos: Providing writing templates and virtual trainings.
- Collaborate with the Communications, People and Culture teams to organize National Office Staff events, if time permits based on WVUS commitments.
The Donor Liaison will, if time permits, based on WVUS commitments:
- Participate in advocacy events and activities.
- Support documentation of advocacy work for World Vision
Learning and Growth
- The Donor Liaison will participate in a series of trainings and mentorship programs to develop Communications competencies that will enable him/her to deliver their assignments effectively.
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference in Communications, Journalism, Community Development, or related field of study required
- At least one year’s experience with still photography, videography, and story writing style of communication.
- Understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors – required.
- Experience of hosting or working with US groups of donors or visitors highly preferred.
- Skilled in personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and other programs for uploading and downloading information
- Understanding of transformational/community development
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles required
- Experience with non-government organization preferred.
- English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO or International organization preferred
- High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders preferred
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time preferred
- Must be available for significant travel time to projects
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.