Job Title: Psychiatric nurse – Serenity Centre Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Serenity Centre Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Serenity Centre Uganda Profile:
Serenity Centre is a pioneer NGO registered under the NGO Statue 1989 with a mission to provide holistic services to the individuals, families and communities affected by substance use and related illnesses. From a humble beginning since August 2001, Serenity Centre has continued to offer a number of rehabilitation programs to individuals who struggle with Alcoholism, drug addiction (Heroin, Cocaine, and Marijuana,) prescribed medication and many related substances.
Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options. Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioural health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients. Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess clients seeking admission at Serenity Centre.
- Prepare a report on clients’ assessed and recommend admission or referral for treatment elsewhere.
- , Receive files from administration for clients who have been admitted,
- Examine and organize clients to be assessed by the Consulting Psychiatrist.
- Admit, register and assign beds to clients and also provide nursing care to clients.
- Participate in the preparation of duty roster for nurses and attend to sick clients following the treatment prescribed.
- Participate in ward rounds and review of clients, submit requisitions for drugs and purchase of specialized medicines for client.
- Provide health education to both clients and relatives, participate in outreach program for community education.
- Manage and account for resources allocated to the Unit.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Must be registered with Nursing Council.
- Basic Counseling skills and Knowledge in addiction management.
- At least one-year of working experience in the same or related field.
- Applicants Must be 25 years and above.
How To Apply for Serenity Centre Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested Candidates should send their applications, photocopies of Certified Academic documents and resume with 3 referees to:
The Executive Director,
Serenity Centre (A Journey into New Life),
Muliro, off Entebbe Road, P.O.Box 31749, Kampala, Uganda.
- All applicants MUST send a soft copy of their application plus all the attachments to this email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- All interested candidates MUST Deliver a hard copy to Serenity Centre Premises:
Kabulamuliro, Bwebajja off Entebbe Road, St.Theresa, Akright stretch.
Deadline: 16th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.