Job Title: Assistant communications officer – MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Job Location: Entebbe
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) Profile:
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries is a Government Ministry charged with creating an enabling environment in the Agricultural Sector.
Work with the sector communications officers to develop and implement a communication, advocacy and knowledge management plan for the Uganda Multisectoral Food Security and Nutrition Project
The Assistant Communications Officer will work with the sector communications officers to plan and Coordinate all aspects of project Communication and Knowledge Management for the project in line with the Ministry’s Communication and Knowledge Management Strategy and be responsible for maintaining communication materials and providing timely management information to the Project Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify information needs of key audiences and potential users and design strategies for raising awareness and marketing (Packaging for relevant stakeholders);
• Carry out communication needs assessment for different stakeholders.
• Periodically produce management information in pamphlets, reports and other identified forms of end user requirements.
• Formulate a communication strategy and action plan for the project including information on objectives, audiences, messages, resources, timescales, tools and activities.
• Develop user-friendly and high-quality Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (such as handouts, posters, brochures, video documentary films and photo documentation, success stories booklet, articles, advertisements, TV clips, Q&A etc.) that addresses public and stakeholders’ information needs.
• Prepare monthly newsletters on progress and forthcoming activities on the project.
• Regularly conduct media relations and carry out review of the Project presence.
• Monitor the public awareness and perception and develop appropriate massages and events to maintain a right image for the project to achieve its objectives.
• Prepare, update and monitor online media including social media and public massage content of the Project
• Prepare messages and notices to users about ad hoc and planned activities as well as events relating to the project.
• Implement the project communication strategy and action plan
• Carry out public relations and communication needs assessment to support the project goals.
• Establish a One-Stop Centre for the Project Knowledge management.
• Oversee evaluation of the strategy to track progress, effectiveness, and make appropriate improvements and modification to ensure success
• Support quality assurance for the Project communication and branding materials.
• To create and sustain a strong communication link amongst the sectors implementing the project and other stakeholders at all levels.
• Carry out any other assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
• Communication needs assessment report
• Knowledge Management including social media strategy
• Elaborate mechanisms for Monitoring and response to mass media, public awareness and perceptions
• Well developed, elaborate and maintained/updated project information/data bank.
• Develop appropriate Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
• Produce Monthly Newsletters
• Produce documentaries (Knowledge assets) for the project
• Produce project awareness and perception status reports
• Produce implementation reports of the project communication strategy and action plan.
Minimum Qualifications for MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Competences and other requirements
• Proven experience in development of communication strategies for development programmes.
• Good understanding of agricultural development issues.
• Demonstrated experience in developing content that clearly communicates ideas and experiences for media, web, print production, and audio-visual productions
• Experience in developing successful marketing strategies for development communication products.
• Have good experience in the fields of Communication, knowledge management, marketing, ICT, Social Mobilization, Public Relations, and Branding among others. Knowledge in ICT4Ag is an added advantage.
• Proven experience in working with development programmes especially in rural or farming communities.
• An Honors Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Information Science, Public Relations and any other related course.
• A Post Graduate qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
Working experience: Working experience of at least three (3) years in the area of development communication in public sector or internationally recognized institution and experience with multilateral or donor funded projects will be an added
How To Apply for MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2021
The shortlisting and selection of the Project staff shall be conducted in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines; Selection and Empowerment of consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants) World Bank borrowers (Jan 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”)
Sealed expression of interest (application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope
All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102,
Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990
Fax: 0414-321 255
Deadline: 21st April 2021 at 4 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.