Job Title: Cash Officer – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Imvepi, Rhino Camp, Kyaka or Nakivale Settlements (Indicate preferred location when applying)
Reports to: Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Contributing to the Uganda Refugee Response Plan’s 2020 – 2021 strategic objective of transitioning from in-kind to cash-based assistance and in line with the inter-agency objective of providing household-level assistance to refugees through a people-centered, basic needs approach, the Uganda Cash Consortium (UCC), led by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), assists newly arrived as well as the most vulnerable long-term refugees in Uganda’s South West and West Nile regions through the provision of multi-purpose cash transfers (MPCT) as a means to address immediate, basic non-food needs.
The Cash Officer is a key member of DRC’s field-based implementing teams for the aforementioned ECHO-funded cash project. The Cash Officer will be 100% dedicated to the project and responsible for supporting the Team Leader with site-specific project implementation of the cash project. Under the guidance of the Team Leader, the Cash Officer will be responsible for the implementation of DRC’s ECHO-funded cash intervention in line with agreed standard operating procedures, guidance and best practices. Furthermore, the Cash Officer will support the Team Leader to ensure that all activities in a respective area of implementation are comprehensively planned, implemented and adapted based on ongoing monitoring and learning. The Officer will also contribute to reporting processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Programme and Technical Oversight:
- Ensure technical compliance in activities, achievement of activities in accordance with targets, timeliness of implementation, and compliance with core protection principles and best practices, and DRC and donor regulations.
- Support in organizing and facilitating cash and market-related assessments, price monitoring and post-distribution monitoring exercises.
- Support in undertaking targeting and verification exercises. This task requires regular coordination with key stakeholders including the Office of the Prime Minister, UNHCR and refugee committees.
- Support the organization and facilitation of cash transfers, including cash-on-wheels, mobile money and bank transfers. This entails ensuring all logistical arrangements are in place for both cash recipients as well as the distributing financial service provider, coordination with other key stakeholders such as the Office of the Prime Minister, UNHCR and WFP, and ensuring help desk and monitoring functions are in place and responsive.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning exercises agreed upon by the DRC and UCC MEAL teams.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to design and roll-out of trainings targeting both DRC and UCC staff as well as the project’s beneficiary communities.
- Contribute to field-level inputs for internal and external reporting.
- Support the integration of technical inputs from other sector specialists, such as DRC’s Global Cash Advisor and country Protection Coordinator to ensure high quality programming.
- Coordinate with Area Managers and relevant Support Services functions to support financial and operational management of the project according to DG-ECHO and DRC standards for compliance.
- Support the establishment of efficient and effective systems and procedures to monitor and demonstration of Value for Money.
Minimum Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies:
- Degree in a related field, such as economics, international development or the social sciences.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in international humanitarian and/or development aid, preferably with displaced populations.
- Technical expertise and experience in cash programming
- Analytical and planning skills
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, whilst maintaining technical quality
- Highly diplomatic with political awareness and understanding
- High-level communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Additional preferred background experience:
- Experience managing DG-ECHO projects
- Degree in economics, international development or social sciences, or comparable demonstrated practical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
When applying, Candidates are requested to indicate their preferred location of work from the above listed. Clearly indicate this in your application letter when applying for the job. Recruitment/Selection will be done on a rolling basis
Deadline: 23rd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.