Job Title: Technical Cash Officer – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation)
Job Location: Madi Okollo District (Rhino and Imvepi settlements)
Reports to: Project Manager
Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation) Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI Uganda Mission with funding from Directorate-General for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid (DGD), is going to implement the BAHIA project (Agile response by the Belgian Alliance for Humanitarian International Action to control the spread of COVID-19 and mitigate its multi-dimensional effects on humanitarian crisis) in West-Nile settlements of Imvepi and omugo extension. BAHIA is a consortia project comprising of 7 organisations of OXFAM which is the lead, PLAN, Belgian Red Cross/Flanders RC, MDM, Caritas, HI BAHIA will contribute to the preparedness and response to the primary and secondary impacts of COVID-19 by promoting public health and supporting the protection of vulnerable populations from contamination to COVID-19 as well as increased protection risks while restoring their dignity and capacity to meet their basic needs.
Be the joint custodian of Cash and other valuables Safe Deposit Articles and Security Forms other than Cheque books
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support to the implementation of the operational element of the cash and voucher assistance activities.
- Ensure planning and field coordination of CVA project activities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish HI’s CVA implementation mechanism and ensure standard are adhered at all times.
- Ensure up to date adherence to the technological development on cash transfer in Uganda, including working closely with financial agencies, and mobile money Networks.
- Working closely with the HI’s Uganda finance department, ensure that financial reporting is done in according with HI’s contractual agreement with donor, HI ‘s internal reporting mechanism-timelines and budgets.
- Works closely with HI operational department (Kampala & west Nile) and logistic department to ensure effective and safety procedures are adhered to for specific CVA activities.
Provide guidance in the development of tools and templates and support management and implementation of technical aspect of the CVA and in line with donor and HI’s quality framework.
- In collaboration with M&E officers develop tools and templates to capture data needs of the CVA interventions.
- Lead registration and validation of beneficiaries’ data and ensure beneficiaries data is updated on monthly basis.
- Coordinate exchange of beneficiary’s information with other key actors within the target locations and in observance of data protocols.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of beneficiary’s data at all times across all platforms.
Works closely with Cash transfer coordination and other mechanism at the field and national level.
- Lead engagement with CVA coordination mechanism in the consortia and the field level
- Represent HI in all cash working groups and OPM meetings
- Share the feedback from the coordination mechanism with project teams to enhance smooth flow of information’s.
Support capacity building of project staff on CVA programming.
- Conduct CVAs training of key project staff (cash officers, M&E officer’s community volunteers).
- Facilitate reviews session with project staff to enhance their capacity in delivering the project and in mitigation of
- capacity gaps in project execution.
- Provide support supervision for cash officer and community volunteers.
- Organize exchange learning visit with key cash actors in the target locations.
Support CVA MEAL and other related project data needs.
- Support CVA data collection exercise in collaboration with M&E officers
- Monthly review beneficiary’s data to ensure that its reflect the aspiration of the project.
- Constantly review CVA activities data and share findings with project team.
- Conduct monthly data reconciliation between CVA project activities and financial service providers.
- Support documentation of project interventions to enhance learning/knowledge management.
Respect HI identity , rules, and policies
- Promote HI’s protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the
- anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to the line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Observe at all times strict commitment to HI’s Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level.
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree in finance, logistic or a relevant subject/ equivalent field
- Minimum three years of practical experience in Cash transfer programming
- Minimum three years of practical experience in Cash transfer budget management
- Operational experience in implementation of CVAs or cash transfer programmes
- Project activity implementation
- M&E and beneficiary accountability
- Report writing skills
- Familiarity with MS office & Internet
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Team Player
- Interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Communication and networking
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for.
Deadline: 23rd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.