Job Title: Accounts Assistant (In Their Hands Project) – Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Profile
For nearly 50 years, AKF has been partnering with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The ITH programme will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation in partnership with In their Hands Company (ITH CO), and Triggerise Limited who will together provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services to adolescent girls (15-19) in Kampala and Arua, through immersive engagement with girls and their communities as well as through a user-centric digital platform (ITH platform for a period of 12 months. AKF seeks a highly experienced and professional accounts assistant who will be based in Kampala and will work with a team for a period of 11 months starting May 2021 and ending March 2022. The accounts officer will support the project team planning for and tracking expenditure, timely accountability and compliance with external and internal budgeting and procurement manuals and requirements, supporting a requisite burn rate and flag any related risks. The accounts officer will perform the following roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures as well as statutory financial requirements.
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial project reports.
• Monitor and manage activity advance requests including timely review and liquidation of such advances.
• Develop and maintain a procurement and expenditure schedule and tracking tool aligned with the various work plans of the ITH Project.
• Track and monitor payment schedules and ensure timely payment.
• Participate in project activities and document any expenditure.
• Review any payments and advise on required adjustments.
• Prepare monthly expenditure reports and verify them with all relevant ITH Project staff.
• Flag any risks, fraud, and incomplete financial accountability from all ITH Project staff.
• Support the program team in management of activity advances including participant’s verification and carrying out facilitation payments at activity sites.
• Pre –review /check activity advance requests, accountabilities and reports, staff claims and accountabilities for activity advances.
• Check time sheets for project staff to ensure staff have correctly recorded their time and allocated it appropriately.
• Liaise with country finance manager, senior accountant, to ensure timely processing of payments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance,
• At least three (3) years accounting experience.
• Ability to use own initiative and actively look for opportunities to address any bottlenecks concerning project expenditure.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools (Business Dynamics)
• Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team; and
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Willingness to be based in the field, travelling to remote locations is a must.
How To Apply for Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 4:30 pm on 19th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click on the following link to apply www.akdn.org/careers
Deadline: 19th April 2021 at 4:30 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.