Job Title: National Project Personnel (MEAL) Consultant – UN FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: MEAL Specialist
The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning framework of FAO Uganda programmes and projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of an effective and responsive MEAL framework for FAO Uganda in line with the Representation’s Country Programming Framework (CPF) and in close collaboration with project/programme managers.
- Contributes data and evidence to the development of project concepts, proposals and documents and supports robust log-frame development.
- Assists in identifying and supporting data analysis needs of project/programme teams.
- Collects, tabulates, stores and analyses monitoring data relevant to FAO programmes and projects including beneficiary database(s); reviews, cleans and updates and catalogues existing tabular and geospatial data holdings of MEAL unit.
- Undertakes baseline/endline surveys, impact assessments, pre- and post-distribution assessments, evaluations etc. in line with the annual MEAL work plan for FAO Uganda.
- Continuously monitors project/programme work plans, maintains/updates MEAL modules in the FAO Field Project Management Information System and regularly updates project/programme results frameworks against progress.
- Builds the capacity of project/programme staff, implementing partners and field-based organizations on MEAL with a particular focus on monitoring and reporting.
- Contributes to the preparation of project/programme progress and terminal statements/reports in collaboration with the Reporting and Knowledge Management Officer as well as Program/Project Officers and ensures that results of FAO interventions are appropriately reported on.
- Contribute to the production of various information products as and when required in collaboration with the Reporting and Knowledge Management Officer and the Communications Unit.
- Work closely with other UN agencies in monitoring and reporting progress of FAO and UN Joint Programmes against the CPF, the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), the National Development Plan III and the associated Agro-industrialization Programme Implementation Action Plan, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Actively participates in MEAL coordination bodies at the UN and country level (e.g. Integrated Phase Classification, Technical Working Group, UN Monitoring and Evaluation Group etc.)
- Performs any other task required by the MEAL Specialist or FAO Representative.
- National of Uganda.
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Statistics or Data Science
- Three years of relevant experience in MEAL in humanitarian/development fields implementing M&E activities for national or international development projects.
- Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated MEAL experience in humanitarian/development fields (experience in agriculture, natural resource management, emergency and food security fields is desirable)
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method) and data collection and analysis methodologies; familiarity with impact assessments is an advantage
- Experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Excellent working knowledge of geographic information systems and remote sensing applications (i.e ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth Engine)
- Excellent working knowledge of advanced statistics and the ability to use data analysis tools (i.e. SPSS, R and/or Python)
- Knowledge of and experience in gender mainstreaming.
- Excellent ability to plan and organize own work, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Excellent moderation, facilitation and training skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
How To Apply for UN FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 29th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.