Job Title: Radiographer – Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lifelink Hospital Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Clinical Coordinator
Lifelink Hospital Uganda Profile
LifeLink Medical Group is a private medical establishment, initially founded as Lifelink Medical Centre in 2008 with a goal of bringing superior but affordable medical services, closer to the people. Currently running a hospital in Namugongo, and an urban clinic in Ntinda, LifeLink offers both general and specialist health services in a sparkly, friendly and well-‐supervised environment. We collaborate with Insurance providers, companies, Ministry of Health, and NGOs among others, to deliver competitive healthcare and medical services to the Ugandan population. Since 2008, we’ve handled a wide range of cases, cutting across the various healthcare disciplines. We have learned to adapt; constantly upgrading the team, machinery and facilities, whenever necessary.
To carry out radiographic imaging for diagnosis treatment and management of patients, carried out with utmost transparency, professionalism and duty of care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Positioning patients safely for examinations and, if necessary, adapting standard techniques, depending on medical conditions associated with disability, illness or trauma;
- Recording imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observing protocols to ensure compliance with the data protection act and patient confidentiality;
- Learning new techniques and technologies as required by professional bodies and participating in annual performance appraisal programs;
- Performing necessary administrative tasks, when required;
- Understanding and observing health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others;
- Undertaking quality control checks on x-rays and associated equipment, and contributing to quality assurance and audit initiatives;
- Ensuring that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any faults are reported;
- Reporting incidents of injury to yourself or others according to departmental procedures;
- Assessing patients and their clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques;
- Performing a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images;
- Observing and maintaining contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post-examination stay in the department;
- Assisting in more complex radiological examinations under the supervision of a radiologist and senior staff;
- Working effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that an efficient service is provided to patients, for example by sharing specialist knowledge and expertise;
- Using initiative to prioritize, deliver and time-manage workload effectively and, when appropriate, assisting senior staff to plan efficient control of work flow patterns within the department;
- Providing support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Radiology. A Post graduate Diploma in Medical Ultra Sound will be an added advantage.
- Experience:Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a reputable institution
- Licensure and/or Certification Required: Must be registered with the Allied Health Profession council and possess a valid practicing license.
- Knowledge and Skills:Excellent Verbal and Written Skills, Good leadership skills, Problem solving skills, extensive medical knowledge, and be able to use specialized medical equipment and computer software.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills using the team work concept.
- Careful and analytical approach to work.
- Detail oriented
- Sympathetic, empathetic, supportive and professional approach to patients.
- Possess physical stamina
- Able to prioritize and learn independently.
How To Apply for Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 30th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.